Now viewing: International affair
- CIS states decided to create system of collective security on external bordersThe leaders of the CIS states at the session in Kishinev decided to create the system of collective security on their external borders, the agency reports citing daily information-analytical newspaper The Moscow Post.
- CIS Foreign Ministers approved measures for strengthening frontier security in CommonwealthThe Council of Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the CIS countries approved the measures directed at strengthening boundary security within realization of the concept of the coordinated boundary policy of the CIS countries of August 26, 2005 in Kishinev on Thursday, the agency reports citing RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).
- CIS summit began in KishinevThe summit of the CIS states began in the Palace of the Republic in Kishinev, the agency reports citing ITAR-TASS. According to ITAR-TASS, the summit participants will discuss the measures to overcome the financial and economic crisis and preparation for the 65th anniversary of the victory in the Great Patriotic War.
- Council of Foreign Ministers of CIS states discussed maintenance of boundary securityThe participants of the session of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the Commonwealth of Independent States discussed the questions of maintenance of boundary security and the migration policy in Kishinev on Thursday, the agency reports citing Ministry of Foreign Affairs press service.
- World media summit held in BeijingWorld media summit is being held in Beijing, the agency reports citing ITAR-TASS.
- Kazakhstan, the Netherlands signed agreement on increase of energy efficiencyKazakhstan and the Netherlands signed the agreement on increase of energy efficiency on Thursday, the agency reports citing the press service of the Netherlands Embassy in Kazakhstan.
- Minister of Defense of Belarus confirmed his participation in CRRF CSTO exercises in KazakhstanThe Minister of Defense of Belarus, Leonid Maltsev, confirmed his participation in the exercises of Collective Rapid Response Forces of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CRRF CSTO) in Kazakhstan, the agency reports citing news agency BELTA.