Now viewing: Foreign policy
- Foreigners in Hong Kong criticize radical protestersWhile some secessionists and radical protesters in Hong Kong have been constantly seeking attention of the West, hoping to further pressure on the Chinese mainland, some foreigners who have been living in the city for years have much more clear view on this so-called anti-extradition movement.
- World leaders gather in Paris for funeral of Jacques ChiracThe funeral ceremony of Former French President Jacques Chirac has started in Paris.
- UN Resident Coordinator praised President Tokayev’s speech at UNGAUN Resident Coordinator, UNDP Resident Representative in the Republic of Kazakhstan, Norimasa Shimomura has expressed his opinion regarding Kassym-Jomart Tokayev’s speech made at the UN General Assembly in New York.
- Hong Kong shares in festive moodHong Kong is now embracing the 70th anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic of China (PRC), as local residents have spontaneously organized a series of celebration activities.
- SpaceX to launch new heavy-lift rocket into orbit in 6 monthsSpaceX CEO Elon Musk said that the private space company's next-generation heavy-lift rocket Starship is expected to be launched into orbit in six months.
- Multiple measures taken by Hong Kong to boost economyA number of measures have been taken by the government of China's Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) to support enterprises, ensure employment and alleviate the pressure of local people, according to Chief Executive of the HKSAR Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor.
- HK irreplaceable in nation's developmentHong Kong is irreplaceable in its prominent role in the nation's economic development, given its unique system and strong complementarities with the Chinese mainland, though it faces rising downward pressure due in part to persistent unrest and intensifying competition from some mainland cities, officials and analysts said.