Now viewing: International affair
- 23rd National Exhibition of Inventions kicks off in south ChinaThe 23rd National Exhibition of Inventions opened on Thursday in Foshan, south China's Guangdong Province, according to the China Association of Inventions.
- S. Korea to turn key elite schools into general ones by 2025South Korea on Thursday announced a plan to transform three categories of elite high schools into general schools by 2025 to promote fairness in education and improve overall public education.
- Almaty presented at London’s largest tourism exhibitionAlmaty city presented its stand at the World Travel Market London 2019 (WTM London 2019) annual international tourism exhibition at ExCel London, one of the British capital’s largest modern exhibition centres.
- China officially launches 6G research and developmentChina has established two offices to develop 6G, according to the Ministry of Science and Technology on Wednesday, kicking off the competition for the next-generation cellular data service that comes after the super-fast 5G.
- Britain’s general election campaign officially startsBritain's general election campaign officially started Wednesday after Prime Minister Boris Johnson had an audience with Queen Elizabeth II to formally ask her permission to dissolve parliament.
- Japan snow crab fetches record $46,000 at auctionA snow crab caught in the western Japan prefecture of Tottori attracted the highest-ever bid for a crab at auction of 5 million yen ($46,000), the prefecture said Thursday.
- Asia-Pacific news agency chiefs open Seoul session on challenges facing mediaLeaders of key news agencies in the Asia-Pacific region opened a two-day conference in Seoul on Thursday to discuss ways to cope with changing media landscapes and promote mutual exchanges and partnerships.