Now viewing: All news
- Bike of Olympic champion Vinokourov sold at auction for 243,000 dollarsThree lots were on sale: limited cycling jersey of Astana Pro Team with the Olympic rings and the name of the champion, the jersey of the team of Kazakhstan which Vinokourov was wearing standing on the podium, and a unique bike on which Alexander won the first gold medal for the country at the Olympic Games in London.
- Criminal case launched on the attack on the police in AtyrauOn September 14 at 11:52 p.m. on Isatai Makhambet square in Atyrau two unidentified men fired at the pointsman of the police department of Atyrau, causing him shotgun wound to the leg. After the pointsman have used his police-issue weapon the criminals disappeared.
- Kazakhstan exported 12.7 million tons of grainFor the period from September 1, 2011 to August 31, 2012 for export 12.7 million tons of grain were shipped including flour in grain equivalent, which is 2.5 times more than in the 2010-2011 marketing year.
- Talgo to maintain 1,044 passenger cars in Kazakhstan for 989.37 million eurosSpanish Railway Online Newsletter, this contract, signed with Passazhirskie Perevozki (passenger operations subsidiary of Kazakhstan Temir Zholy (KTZ), the Kazakh Railways), is the second major contract won by the company abroad, after being awarded the one to supply high-speed trains to Saudi Arabia, and it means the continuation of a business relationship which started 12 years ago with the tests run on Kazakh lines of a first Talgo train set.
- Moscow to Host 3 Summits in One DayThe groups are the Collective Security Treaty Organization, the Eurasian Economic Community and the Customs Union of Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan.
- Kazakhstan's GDP grew by 5.6% over 8 months of the yearDuring the first six months the amount of mutual trade with Customs Union countries exceeded 13 billion US dollars.
- Average speed of internet access in Kazakhstan is one of highest in the worldMarket participants say the World Wide Web in Kazakhstan is common due to several factors, including the government support to all the innovative programmes and projects and the interest of the private sector in the development of the mobile Internet.
- Austrian media writes about Kazakhstan's successDirector of the Eurasia Research Centre under Viennese Career Advancement Institute Alexander Khvorostov considers the research data of the World Economic Forum in Davos as authoritative and objective. He backed up the data of many sociological surveys and identified the main reasons behind Kazakhstan's successful development which includes public confidence in politicians, meaningfulness and efficiency of government spending and protection of investors.
- Air Astana CEO wants to stay independent of alliancesAs president of "Air Astana" Peter Foster told AirTransportWorld Onlne, speaking on the sidelines of the IATA Central Asia and Caucasus Aviation Day in Astana, "Air Astana" has "tactical relationships," especially in codeshares, which make it a more attractive partner.
- US, Russian trio lands in Kazakhstan after time in the space stationA fleet of Russian Mi-8 helicopters deployed from towns near the landing site ahead of the capsule's arrival early Monday morning to ensure swift interception.