Now viewing: Politics
- Nur Otan Party created social council at MajilisThe faction of the National Democratic Party Nur Otan created social council in Majilis of the Parliament, the agency reports.
- Parliament passed law defining volumes of transfers for 2008 - 2010The senate deputies passed the law on Volumes of transfers of the general character between the republican and regional budgets, budgets of city of the republican value and the capital for 2008 - 2010 at the plenary session on Thursday, the agency reports.
- CSTO to discuss post conflict development of AfghanistanThe Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO), which will take place on November 9, will discuss problems in rendering assistance in post conflict development of Afghanistan at the fourth session of the working group for Afghanistan at the Ministerial council of foreign affairs, CSTO secretariat press service informed the agency.
- Parliament approved amendment to Customs CodeThe senate deputies passed the law on amendments to the Customs Code in the second reading at the plenary session on Thursday, the agency reports.
- UAE interested in investing in Kazakhstan projectsThe United Arab Emirates expressed interest in investment in important projects in Kazakhstan, the agency reports referring to the president's press service. "The United Arab Emirates are interested in investment in important projects in Kazakhstan," the chairman of the board of international company of Abu-Dhabi for oil investments Sheikh Mansur ben Zayed al-Nahayan stated on Thursday at the meeting with the President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev.
- Islam Karimov proposed for president of UzbekistanThe congress of Liberal-Democratic Party of Uzbekistan put forward the current President of the country Islam Karimov candidature for the post of the president of the country. The press service of Liberal-Democratic party informed, the agency reports.
- Kazakhstan Senate chairman to pay visit to Saudi ArabiaKazakhstan Senate chairman to pay visit to Saudi Arabia