Now viewing: Politics
- Kazakhstan for open NGO participation in OSCE work - MFAAs the OSCE chairman Kazakhstan will support observance of basic principles of open participation of NGO in the work of the organization, according to the Helsinki document of 1992 and the Budapest document of 1994.
- Law on Elections to be reformed up to end of 2008 - MFAKazakhstan plans to reform the Law on Elections up to the end of 2008 with the assistance of the Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) and other OSCE institutes.
- CSTO Secretary General supported Kazakhstan chairmanship in OSCEThe CSTO Secretary General Nikolay Bordyuzha supported Kazakhstan chairmanship in OSCE at the 15th session of OSCE at the level of ministers in Madrid on Thursday, CSTO secretariat press service informed the agency.
- Nazarbayev signed decree on carrying out Year of Ukraine in Kazakhstan in 2008The President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev signed the decree on carrying out the Year of Ukraine in Kazakhstan in 2008, the agency reports referring to official mass media.
- Russian FM supports Kazakhstan application for OSCE presidency in 2009The Russian Foreign Minister hopes for positive decision concerning application of Kazakhstan for OSCE presidency in 2009.