Now viewing: Politics
- JSC Holding Samruk secures status of unique shareholder of JSC KazpochtaStatus of the unique shareholder of JSC Company Kazpochta has been secured for JSC Company Kazakhstan Holding on Management of State Assets Samruk. The decision was accepted at the session of specialized council of holding Samruk at the government under presidency of the Prime Minister of Kazakhstan Karim Masimov, the agency reports referring to prime minister's press service.
- Prime Minister approved feasibility report of construction of Balhash thermal power stationPrime Minister approved feasibility report of construction of Balhash thermal power station
- UN Secretary General welcomed results of G8 summitG8 summit in Japan on Hokkaido Island came to an end yesterday. Before departure to New York the UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon stated that discussions at the summit have defined global efforts to be undertaken in the nearest weeks and months to resolve food crisis, struggle against climate change, and promotion of Millennium Development Goals, the agency reports referring to the UN News Center.
- UNHCR called upon EU to improve decision-making process of granting refugeThe UN Office of High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) positively estimates the positions in the project of the European pact concerning migration and granting of refuge. UNHCR press secretary Jenifer Pagonis informed yesterday at the briefing in Geneva.
- NATO will expand to Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan - Russian expertNATO will expand to Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan. Director of Center of Political Research and Consulting, Andrey Fedorov (Russia), stated at the session of the round table within the Youth summer school of Big Black Sea region: prospects of regional safety after NATO summit in Bucharest, in Leningrad region, the Russian Federation, the agency reports referring to Information Agency Regnum.
- Uzbekistan ratified Anti-Trafficking International DocumentUzbekistan ratified the Protocol on prevention and suppression of trade in people, especially women and children, and punishment, the agency reports referring to News Agency CA-News.
- Prime Minister charged to develop proposals on improvement of social security of law-enforcement employees
Prime Minister charged to develop proposals on improvement of social security of law-enforcement employeesDuring the selector meeting the Prime Minister of Kazakhstan Karim Masimov charged to develop proposals on improvement of social security of law-enforcement employees on Wednesday, the agency reports.