Now viewing: Politics
- Prime Minister held meeting on results of activity of JSC Company Kazyna for 6 monthsThe Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Karim Masimov, held today the meeting on the results of activity of JSC Company Fund of Steady Development Kazyna for 6 months of 2008, the agency reports referring to the prime minister's press service. On behalf of the President of the country the government has developed and approved by the decree of November 6, 2007 the Plan of actions on maintenance of stability of social and economic development of the country.
- CSTO Parliamentary Assembly Council condemned Georgia for genocide of Ossetian peopleThe Council of Parliamentary Assembly of Collective Security Treaty Organization (PA CSTO) condemned Georgia for genocide of Ossetian people and declared that military actions of Tbilisi in South Ossetia have broken possible political dialogue between the parties of the conflict, the agency reports referring to the statement widespread on August 13 by CSTO Council of Parliamentary Assembly.
- Formal notice of Georgia to discontinue membership in CIS not received - CIS Executive CommitteeFormal notice of Georgia on discontinuance of its membership in CIS has not been received yet, the agency reports referring to the statement of the chairman of Executive Committee - CIS Executive Secretary, Sergey Lebedev, widespread today by the press service of CIS Executive Committee.
- Ministry of Economics finishes work over bill on state assetsThe Ministry of Economics and Budgetary Planning of Kazakhstan finishes its work on development of the bill on state assets. Director of Department of State Asset Management of the Ministry, Ilona Shvartskopf, informed the agency.
- Russia requests to support idea of establishment of international tribunal on investigation of Georgian aggression against South Ossetia
Russia requests to support idea of establishment of international tribunal on investigation of Georgian aggression against South OssetiaCouncil of Chamber of the Council of Federation of Federal Assembly of Russia presented the address to parliaments of foreign states and nations of the world, the address received from the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Tajikistan by Asia Plus news agency states, the agency reports referring to the message of news agency Asia Plus.
- CIS has no mechanisms for intervention in such conflicts as South Ossetia - NazarbayevCIS has no mechanisms for intervention in such conflicts as South Ossetia. The President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, said in the interview to journalists after the meeting with Kyrgyzstan colleague, Kurmanbek Bakiyev, on Wednesday, the agency reports.
- Chairman of Department of Internal Policy of Southern Kazakhstan oblast transferred to president's administration
Chairman of Department of Internal Policy of Southern Kazakhstan oblast transferred to president's administrationThe chairman of Department of Internal Policy of the Southern Kazakhstan oblast, Bahadyr Narymbetov, has been transferred to the administration of the President of Kazakhstan, the agency reports referring to Southern Kazakhstan oblast akimat.