Now viewing: Politics
- Cluster of radiological medicine needs to be created in SemeyThe President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, considers cluster of radiological medicine needs to be created in Semey. The President of the state informed today in Semey at the meeting devoted to the 20th anniversary of termination of tests on Semipalatinsk nuclear range, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- Nazarbayev suggested declaring August 29 - Day of Non-Proliferation of Nuclear WeaponsThe President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, suggested declaring August 29 International Day of Day of Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons today in Semey at the meeting devoted to the 20th anniversary of the termination of tests on Semipalatinsk nuclear range, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- Creation of CSTO CRRF not to be postponedCreation of Collective Rapid Response Forces Contract (CRRF) of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) will not be postponed, in spite of the fact that Belarus has not signed this document. The official representative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, Andrey Nesterenko, informed at the briefing in Moscow, the agency reports citing RBC.
- President of Kazakhstan gave new tractors Belarus to 10 farmsThe head of the state, Nursultan Nazarbayev, during his working trip to the East Kazakhstan region gave new tractors Belarus as a gift to 10 farms East Kazakhstan region, the agency reports.
- Parliament approved amendment to Law on Currency Regulation and Currency ControlThe deputies of Majilis of Parliament at the plenary session today agreed with the amendments introduced by the Senate to the bill on amendments and additions to the Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan concerning currency regulation and currency control. According to the regulations, the law is considered to be accepted by Parliament and is being forwarded to the head of the state to be signed into law, the agency reports.
- Parliament ratified agreement on loan for development of Western Europe - Western China routeThe deputies of the Senate of Parliament at the plenary session passed the Law on Ratification of the Agreement on Loan for the Project of Road Corridor South - West: the international transit corridor Western Europe - Western China between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), the agency reports.
- Senate considered government and Accounts Committee reports on execution of republican budgetThe deputies of the Senate of Parliament of Kazakhstan at the plenary session considered the reports concerning execution of the budget of the government of Kazakhstan and Accounts Committee for Control over Execution of the Republican Budget for 2008, the agency reports.
- Nazarbayev arrived for working trip in East Kazakhstan regionThe President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, arrived for a working trip in the East Kazakhstan region, the agency reports.
- Kazakhstan's joining of Customs Union not to affect relations with EUKazakhstan's joining of the Customs Union will not affect the relations with the EU. Director of Directorate-General for External Relations of the European Commission, Gunnar Wiegand, informed at the briefing on Wednesday in the representation of the European Commission in Kazakhstan, the agency reports.
- Danial Ahmetov dismissed from post of Minister of Defense of KazakhstanDanial Ahmetov dismissed from post of Minister of Defense of Kazakhstan