Now viewing: Politics
- Bakiev's departure from Kyrgyzstan prevented civil conflictDeparture of the President of Kyrgyzstan, Kurmanbek Bakiev, from Kyrgyzstan has prevented civil conflict. The President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, said at a briefing in Akorda, the agency reports.
- CSTO interested in cooperation strengthening with OSCEThe CSTO and the OSCE cooperation is important for maintenance of security in various spheres, including in the international efforts on rendering assistance to peaceful settlement of the situation in Kyrgyzstan. The OSCE Secretary General, Nikolay Bordyuzha, who took part in the work of the joint session of the Permanent Council and OSCE's Forum for Security Co-operation, said in the organization's headquarters in Vienna, the agency reports citing official mass media.
- Chairman of provisional government made statementThe press centre published the statement of the chairman of the provisional government of Kyrgyzstan, Roza Otunbaeva, concerning departure of Kurmanbek Bakiev. The text states that the provisional government made the decision on departure of the ex-president, K. Bakiev, from the country.
- Kyrgyzstan may introduce parliamentary form of governmentKyrgyzstan has been offered parliamentary form of government, the agency reports citing Vesti.Ru
- Kazakhstan Ambassador to Kyrgyzstan passed original copy of Bakiev's resignationThe Ambassador of Kazakhstan to Kyrgyzstan passed to the head of the provisional government, Roza Otunbaeva, an original copy of resignation of the President of Kyrgyzstan, Kurmanbek Bakiev. The head of the device of the chairman of the provisional government of Kyrgyzstan, Edil Baysalov, informed at the press conference, the agency reports.
- Plane with Bakiev landed in TarazThe plane with the President of Kyrgyzstan, Kurmanbek Bakiev, landed in the city Taraz, the press service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan informed.
- Nazarbayev held telephone conversation with Russian PresidentThe head of state, Nursultan Nazarbayev, held a telephone conversation with the President of the Russian Federation, Dmitry Medvedev, the agency reports citing the official site of the president of the Russian Federation.
- Bakiev resignedThe President of Kyrgyzstan, Kurmanbek Bakiev, signed his resignation, the agency reports citing a source in the provisional government of Kyrgyzstan.
- OSCE reached arrangement on Bakiev's departure from KyrgyzstanThe OSCE chairman, the Secretary of State - the Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Kanat Saudabaev, informed of the arrangement of K. Bakiev's departure from Kyrgyzstan, having called this an important step towards settlement of the situation around Kyrgyzstan, the agency reports citing the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan.