Now viewing: Politics
- Attaching first Kazakh President nation's leader status does not contradict democratic standardsAttaching the first President of Kazakhstan the nation's leader status does not contradict democratic standards. The Majilis deputy, Amzebek Zholshibekov, said today in an interview to journalists, the agency reports.
- Cargo loaded with weapons arrested in Bangkok was intended for Hamas and HezbollahThe Minister for Foreign Affairs of Israel, Avigdor Lieberman, informed that the arrested on December in Bangkok the North Korean cargo with weapons on the plane chartered by the Georgian airline was intended for Hamas and Hezbollah movements, reports referring to ITAR-TASS.
- Kyrgyzstan provisional government accused of receiving money to assist Bakiev's departureThe provisional government of Kyrgyzstan has been accused of receiving money to assist departure of the ex-President, Kurmanbek Bakiev. The government denies all charges, the agency reports citing the news agency 24.kg.
- Majilis passed bills legitimizing president's status as nation's leaderThe deputies of Majilis of Parliament at the plenary session today passed the project of the Constitutional Law of Kazakhstan on introduction of the additions and amendments to some constitutional laws of Kazakhstan concerning modernization of the legislation in the sphere of guaranteeing activities of the first President of Kazakhstan - the nation's leader and the Kazakhstan bill on introduction of the amendments and additions to the Kazakhstan acts concerning modernization of the legislation in the sphere of guaranteeing the activities of the first Kazakhstan President - the nations' leader, the agency reports.
- State Office of Public Prosecutor of Belarus received inquiry from Bishkek on Bakiev's extraditionThe State Office of Public Prosecutor of Belarus has received an inquiry from Bishkek regarding extradition of the ex-president of Kyrgyzstan, Kurmanbek Bakiev. The chief of Information and Public Relations Department of the State Office of Public Prosecutor of Belorussia, Peter Kiselyov, informed, the agency reports citing ITAR-TASS.
- Higher Party School created in KazakhstanThe Higher Party School has been created in Kazakhstan at the People's Democratic Party Nur Otan to train party chairs of the central and regional party bodies. The participants of the Nur Otan Political Council session under the leadership of the Kazakhstan President, the chairman of Nur Otan Party, Nursultan Nazarbayev, were informed in Astana, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- Kazakh President's Special Representative for Cooperation with Kyrgyzstan appointedThe Special Representative of the Kazakh President for Cooperation with Kyrgyzstan has been appointed, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- President wished king of Spain soon recovery after operationThe President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, wished the King of Spain Juan Carlos I soon recovery after the operation, the agency reports citing the president's press service.