Now viewing: Politics
- EU leaders urge Egypt to seek peaceful resolutionThe European Union foreign ministers held a meeting on Monday in Brussels where the European leaders urged Egypt to seek a peaceful resolution to the crisis and avoid further violence against protesters, the agency reports.
- U.S. welcomes Nazarbayev's decision not to hold referendumThe United States praises the decision of the President of Kazakhstan Nazarbayev not to hold a national referendum that would extend his presidential term until 2020, the agency reports.
- Belarus warns to take adequate response to EU sanctionsThe Belarusian government said the country is ready to take an adequate response to the European Union sanctions imposed against high-ranking officials of the country, the agency reports.
- Kazakhstan to hold early presidential electionsThe President of Kazakhstan initiated holding pre-scheduled presidential elections, the agency reports.
- US, EU imposed new sanctions against BelarusThe US and the European Union have imposed new sanctions against Belarus's leadership as punishment for a post-election crackdown on the opposition, the agency reports.