Now viewing: Politics
- Saudi Arabia requested US to back MubarakKing of Saudi Arabia Abdullah has told the American President Barack Obama to back Hosni Mubarak, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Incumbent Kazakh president agrees to run for re-electionIncumbent Kazakh President, Nursultan Nazarbayev, has agreed to run in the early presidential elections as a candidate of the People's Democratic Party Nur Otan, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- KNB Frontier Service head replacedThe President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, has appointed new Director of Frontier Service of National Security Committee, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Nazarbayev named presidential candidate by Nur OtanThe People's Democratic Party Nur Otan has nominated its chairman Nursultan Nazarbayev as a presidential candidate. This was an initiative of the rector of Semipalatinsk State University named after Shakarim, the head of the initiative group for referendum to prolong presidential term of the current president of Kazakhstan, Erlan Sydykov, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Kazakh President signed law on mortgage guaranteeThe head of state signed the law on the amendments and additions to the acts concerning mortgage lending and protection of the rights of consumers of financial services and investors, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Hosni Mubarak refuses to step downPresident of Egypt, Hosni Mubarak, announced he would not step down from the presidency but would hand his powers over to Vice President Omar Suleiman, Kazakhstan Today reports.