Now viewing: Politics
- Nazarbayev will visit China next weekThe leader of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, will visit China next week, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- U.S. State Department launched Farsi Twitter to reach Internet users in IranThe U.S. State Department began sending Twitter messages in Farsi on Sunday in the hopes of connecting with Internet users in Iran, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Five candidates to run for presidential election in KazakhstanFive applicants intend to take part in early election for the president's post in Kazakhstan, which will be held on April, 3, 2011, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Mubarak may be held to account for stealing public fundsEx-President of Egypt Hosni Mubarak can be held to account for stealing state funds, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Italy declares state of emergencyThe Italian government has declared a state of emergency over influx of 5,000 illegal immigrants from north Africa, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Central Election Committee approved Nazarbayev' candidature for president's postThe Central Election Commission signed a resolution on compliance of the candidature to the president of the Republic of Kazakhstan with the the requirements of the Constitution and the Law on Election in Kazakhstan, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Egypt's President resignedEgyptian President Hosni Mubarak, having been in power for 29 years, resigned, Vice President of Egypt Omar Suleiman made the announcement on state television, Kazakhstan Today reports.