Now viewing: Politics
- Belarus sent attack helicopters to Ivory CoastBelarus's reported delivery of three attack helicopters to the forces of Ivory Coast's incumbent leader, Laurent Gbagbo, would violate an arms embargo that has been in place since 2004, the United Nations said, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Egyptian police cracked down on protests on Tahrir SquareEgyptian soldiers used force to break up a protest demanding more political reform on Saturday, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Muslim dating site used to organize Libya's revolutionThe leader of the Ekhtalef ("Difference") Movement used Match.com of the Middle East to send coded love letters to organize the revolution, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Middle East unrests continueTwo people were killed in Oman on Sunday, while Bahrain's king reshuffled his cabinet Saturday and Saudi academics called for the replacement of the current government with a constitutional monarchy, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- World applies pressure on GadaffiThe UN Security Council has voted unanimously to impose sanctions on Muammar Gaddafi's Libyan regime for killing civilians who have risen in an unprecedented revolt against the regime, Kazakhstan Today reports.