Now viewing: Society
- BP Plc finishes its work in KazakhstanBP Plc expects to receive about $2 billion from sale of its Kazakhstan shares, which include a share in the Caspian Pipeline Consortium (CPC). Thus, the company is finishing its work in Kazakhstan, the agency reports citing Bloomberg.
- Proton-M with Sirius FM5 to be launched from BaikonurCarrier rocket Proton-M with the satellite Sirius-FM5 will be launched from the cosmodrome Baikonur in due course of time, the agency reports citing Roscosmos press service.
- Astana interreligious dialogue to create new form of global relations of conventional faithsAstana the 'Dialogue of Confessions' is aimed at promoting creation of the new form of global relations of conventional faiths. The Speaker of the Senate of the Parliament of Kazakhstan, Kasym-Zhomart Tokayev, stated today during VIII session of the Secretariat of Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions, the agency reports.
- Kazakhstan may introduce crime insuranceKazakhstan may introduce crime insurance system. This question was discussed at the session of the Coordination Council of Law-Enforcement Structures under the chairmanship of the General Public Prosecutor, Kayrat Mami, the agency reports citing television channel Habar.
- Chairman of Investigatory Committee of Ministry of Internal Affairs appointedMuharan Amirov, colonel of police, has been appointed chairman of Investigatory Committee of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan. The head of the press service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan, Kuanyshpek Zhumanov, informed during weekly briefing, the agency reports.
- Environmental protection issues discussed in AstanaDiscussion of the environmental protection, development of economy, and construction of the civil society in the context of regional challenges took place in Astana at the 71st seminar of the NATO Parliamentary Assembly Rose-Roth on Friday, the agency reports citing the press service of the Senate of the Parliament of Kazakhstan.