Now viewing: Society
- We're bombarded with information worth of 174 newspapers every dayWe are bombarded with information worth of 174 newspapers every day via television, emails and post, scientists said, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- China bans smoking in filmsThe Chinese authorities have banned smoking scenes in movies and television shows to discourage smoking among the general public, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Coca Cola top secret recipe 'discovered'The website, Thisamericanlife.org claims to have uncovered Coca-Cola's top secret recipe, Kazakhstan today reports.
- Two members of Mars500 simulation crew took first steps on the red planetTwo members of a simulated space flight to Mars have taken their first 'steps' on the red planet, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Patriotism makes for happier peopleA new study has found that people who are satisfied with their country may become happier, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Some of Cairo museum's stolen artefacts foundCairo authorities have found two of several ancient treasures looted from the Egyptian Museum in the museum gardens, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Energy drinks are dangerous for childrenDoctors have warned energy drinks can be dangerous for children increasing blood pressure and causing seizures, or even sudden death, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Egypt's ex-president sickHosni Mubarak is sick and has fainted on at least one occasion at the Red Sea holiday villa where he has been staying after he stepped down from his post, according to sources close to his entourage, Kazakhstan Today reports.