Now viewing: Society
- Meditation stronger than drugs for pain reliefA new study claims meditating for one hour has a powerful effect on the brain for reducing perception of pain, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Men and women look more alike todayScientists who looked at skulls of men and women dating back to the 16th century found the facial structure of women in particular has changed and become noticeably larger than their older counterparts, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Restless legs may be a sign of heart risksDoctors warn restless legs could be a sign of a hidden heart problem, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Fasting for 24 hours may cut your risk of heart disease and diabetesRegularly going a day without food may reduce your risk of heart disease and diabetes, research has suggested, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Arctic's ozone thinner by 40%The Arctic ozone layer suffered a loss of about 40 percent from the beginning of winter to late March, up from the previous record of about 30 percent over the entire winter, according to the World Meteorological Organisation, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Berlusconi sells ColosseumChairman of the Council of Ministers of Italy Silvio Berlusconi handed the famous Roman Coliseum in the property owner Diego Della Valle for 25 million euros, Kulture Live reported.