Now viewing: Politics
- Kazakhstan to head OSCE in 2010 - Foreign Ministers Council OSCEKazakhstan will head OSCE in 2010. It became known, following the results of the 15th session of the Council of Foreign Affairs of OSCE member states in Madrid, the agency reports. Today the consensus of the ministers of foreign policy departments of OSCE member states has been reached. Finland will be the chairman in 2009, Greece - in 2008, Kazakhstan will head the organization in 2010 and in 2011 - Lithuania.
- Nazarbayev received president of KazMunayGas CompanyThe leader of the state received the president of KazMunayGas Company Uzakbay Karabalin, the agency reports referring to the press service of the president's administration.
- OSCE presidency - not only great honor but huge responsibility - State SecretaryOSCE presidency of Kazakhstan is not only great honor, but also huge responsibility for our country.
- Council for cooperation with local representative bodies created in SenateThe Council for cooperation with local representative bodies has been created in the Senate of the Parliament (maslikhats), the agency reports.
- Nazarbayev met Crown Prince of Abu-DhabiThe President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev met Crown Prince of Abu-Dhabi Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zaid in Akorda residence, who arrived in Kazakhstan with a working visit, the agency reports referring to the president's press service.