Now viewing: Politics
- Opening of military base Karshi-Hanabad to cause negative resonance in USAPossible renewal of the operation of the military base Karshi-Hanabad in Uzbekistan for transit of non-military cargoes of NATO to Afghanistan would cause negative political resonance in the USA as the situation in the sphere of human rights in Uzbekistan is quite complex, the analyst of the International Crisis Group (ICG), Paul Quinn-Judge, considers, the agency reports citing the information agency CA-News.
- USA increases its contingent in AfghanistanThe American President, Barrack Obama, made a decision on increase of quantity of the American armies in Afghanistan by 17 thousand military men, the agency reports citing BBC News Service.
- Visit of chief of USA Central Command to Uzbekistan not connected with air base in KyrgyzstanThe President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Islam Karimov, on February, 17th met the chief of the US Central Command of the Armed Forces, David Petreus, the agency reports citing the information agency 12.uz.
- Joint preparation of military staff of CSTO states discussed in AlmatyThe thematic event with the military officials of the member states of the Collective Security Treaty organization (CSTO) concerning joint preparation of the military staff is taking place in Almaty on February, 17th - 19th on the basis of the Military Institute of Land Forces, the agency reports citing the press service of the Ministry of Defense of Kazakhstan.
- Nazarbayev appointed Director of Foreign Intelligence Service SyrbarThe head of the state appointed Director of Kazakhstan Foreign Intelligence Service Syrbar, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- President signed decree on strengthening national securityThe President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, signed the decree on the measures of strengthening of national security of the Republic of Kazakhstan and further improvement of the work of intelligence services, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- Count Committee chairman reported facts of inefficient use of budgetary fundsThe President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, has been reported the facts of inefficient use of budgetary funds and the course of execution of the state programs, the agency reports citing the president's press service.