Now viewing: Politics
- Ministry of Agriculture introduced restrictions on import of meatThe Ministry of Agriculture of Kazakhstan has introduced restrictions on import of meat and meat products shipped after April, 28th, 2009 from Mexico and Texas, California and Kansas on the territory of Kazakhstan in connection with the registered by World Health Organization (WHO) outburst of H1N1 swine flu in Mexico and three US states, the agency reports citing the press service of the Ministry of Agriculture of Kazakhstan.
- Almaty hosts summit of IASR states - foundersAlmaty hosts the summit of the leaders of the states - founders of Aral Sea Rescue Fund (IASR), the agency reports.The leaders of all state - founders of the fund are taking part in the summit. The chairman of UN regional center for preventive diplomacy for Central Asia, Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary General, Miroslav Encha, has been invited to the summit.
- Prime Minister assigned Samruk-Kazyna to accelerate realization of measures for stabilization of economy
Prime Minister assigned Samruk-Kazyna to accelerate realization of measures for stabilization of economyThe Prime Minister of Kazakhstan, Karim Masimov, assigned the management of JSC Fund of National Welfare Samruk-Kazyna along with the corresponding state bodies to use all the existing possibilities to accelerate realization of the measures directed at stabilization of the economy of Kazakhstan. The assignment was given at the working meeting regarding investment projects of JSC Samruk-Kazyna, the agency reports citing the prime minister's press service.
- Kazakhstan ready to join Missile Technology Control RegimeKazakhstan is ready to join Missile Technology Control Regime. The official representative of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan, Yerzhan Ashikbayev, informed during Monday's briefing, the agency reports.
- UN passed resolution initiated by Kazakhstan on Semipalatinsk regionThe UN General Assembly has unanimously accepted the resolution initiated by Kazakhstan 'International Cooperation and Coordination of Activities to Rehabilitate Semipalatinsk Region in Kazakhstan.' The official representative the Ministries for Foreign Affairs (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) of Kazakhstan, Yerzhan Ashikbayev, informed during the briefing on Monday, the agency reports.