Now viewing: Politics
- Chairman and new members of Central Election Commission of Kazakhstan appointedThe chairman and the new members of the Central Election Committee of Kazakhstan have been appointed, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- President of Kazakhstan to meet President of European Investment Bank in BrusselsThe head of state, Nursultan Nazarbayev, left for a working visit from the city airport of Astana for the capital of the Kingdom of Belgium, Brussels, the agency reports citing official mass media.
- All CSTO members concerned over situation in KyrgyzstanAll members of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) are concerned over the situation in Kyrgyzstan. The CSTO Secretary General, Nikolay Bordyuzha, informed, the agency reports citing the news agency 24.kg.
- 150 Russian commandoes arrived in KyrgyzstanAbout 150 Russian commandoes left for Kyrgyzstan, the agency reports citing radio Mayak.
- Government of Kazakhstan to provide humanitarian support to Kyrgyzstan citizensThe government of Kazakhstan will provide humanitarian support to the citizens of Kyrgyzstan. The Prime Minister of Kazakhstan, Karim Masimov, informed today, following the results of the bilateral meetings in the government with the Prime Minister of Georgia, the agency reports.
- President of Kyrgyzstan declared he will not resignThe statement of the President of Kyrgyzstan, Kurmanbek Bakiev, has been spread by mass media of Kyrgyzstan, the agency reports.
- OSCE Permanent Council session to be held in ViennaThe OSCE chairman, State Secretary - the Minister for Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan, Kanat Saudabaev, held a number of telephone conversations with his counterparts, heads of foreign policy departments of Russia - Sergey Lavrov, Kingdom of Spain (presiding in the EU) - Migel Moratinos, the Lithuanian Republic - Audronyus Azhubalis and the UN Assistant Secretary General - the Executive Secretary of the European Economic Commission of the United Nations, Yan Kubish, who has gone to Kyrgyzstan as the special representative of the UN Secretary General, the agency reports citing the Ministry of Foreign Affairs press service.
- President condemned violence and marauding in KyrgyzstanNursultan Nazarbayev designated Kazakhstan's position concerning the latest events in Kyrgyzstan in an interview to the television channel Euronews, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- Responsible Secretary of Ministry of Education and Science stepped downThe Responsible Secretary of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan has been dismissed, the agency reports citing the president's press service.