Now viewing: Politics
- Kazakh Parliament passed amendment to legislation on early presidential electionsDeputies of the Senate of the Parliament of Kazakhstan passed the constitutional law on introduction of additions and amendments to some constitutional laws of Kazakhstan, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Egyptian clashes continue, 5 dead, hundreds hurtAnti-government demonstrators and supporters of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak clashed repeatedly in Cairo on Wednesday leaving several people dead and more than 611 wounded, the agency reports.
- 20,000 Yemen protesters demand President Saleh to step downMore than 20,000 protesters gathered in the Yemeni capital, Sanaa, to demand a change in government, the agency reports.
- Egypt attacks journalists to censor newsThe Committee to Protect Journalists informed the Egyptian President supporters attacked journalists on Cairo streets on Wednesday, the agency reports.
- Majilis passed amendments to legislation on early presidential electionDeputies of Majilis of Parliament of Kazakhstan at a plenary session passed the project of the constitutional law of Kazakhstan on introduction of the additions and amendments to some constitutional laws, Kazakhstan Today reports.