Images | facebook.com/pavlodarenergo
Tell a friend
State of emergency has been announced in Ekibastuz town of Pavlodar region, after a number of boilers went out of service at the local thermal power plant, Kazinform has learned from the municipal administration.
The accident occurred on the night of November 27 when temperatures dropped below -25°C.
As of November 28, 01:30 am, 17 residential buildings, five social facilities and 21 entities remained unheated. The state of emergency will be in force until repair works are completed.
Governor of Pavlodar region Abylkair Skakov surveyed social facilities of the town, after which it was decided to evacuate the housemates of the children and youth support centre. The children were brought to the training and recreation camps.
As per the latest data, the situation at the Ekibastuz TPP has been stabilized. Five boilers are operating in a routine mode. Three micro-districts still remain unheated.
President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev commissioned Prime Minister Alikhan Smailov to address the matter of withdrawing problematic energy assets of the regions to the state ownership.
Tell a friendThe Kazakh Government will cover all repatriation expenses associated with returning home the body of a Kazakh national killed in a road accident in Italy, official spokesperson of the Kazakh Foreign Ministry Aibek Smadiyarov said Monday, Kazinform correspondent reports. Smadiyarov confirmed that in such cases the Kazakh Government fully covers all repatriation expenses. He reminded that the tragedy happened last week when the woman from Kazakhstan was hit to death by a car in Italy. The family of the deceased woman asked the ministry to cover the repatriation expenses. All necessary document will be issued in the nearest future, he said. Earlier it was reported that the 27-year-old PhD student of the University of Salerno Assem Zharbossyn was hit to death by a Peugeot car in a road accident. The 20-year-old Peugeot 308 driver stopped the car and called the paramedics, but unfortunately it was too late.
This information may not be reproduced without reference to Kazakhstan Today. Copyright of materials of News Agency Kazakhstan Today.
Tell a friend
The Kazakh Foreign Ministry confirmed the death of a Kazakhstani national in a road traffic accident in Italy, Kazinform reports.
The talks in order to repatriate the body are underway. We keep in touch with the relatives," Kazakh Foreign Ministry’s official spokesperson Aibek Smadiyarov said.
As earlier reported, 27-year-old Assem Zharbosyn of Kazakhstan died in Italy. The tragedy occurred in the city of Salerno. A driver, 17, hit her while walking in a crosswalk near the Giuseppe Verdi Opera Theatre. Mass media reported that the driver tried to give first aid to her and called an ambulance. Unfortunately, they could not save her life.
The investigation is underway.
Images | facebook/Anatoliy Ivanov-Weisskopf
Tell a friend
The majority of those who took part in the January unrest were men under 35, Prosecutor General of the Republic of Kazakhstan Berik Assylov said Thursday, Kazinform correspondent reports.
In his report at the plenary session of the Majilis, Prosecutor General Assylov noted that special prosecutors are working on 720 criminal cases. As per those cases, 25 members of prohibited extremist movements and 42 members of the organized crime groups were detained and arrested, respectively. Also, there are 8 followers of destructive religious movements among the suspects. 126 detainees were previously convicted of homicide, theft, looting and more.
The Kazakh Prosecutor General stressed that the majority of those who took part in the January riots were men under 35, adding that nationals of Uzbekistan, Russia, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan are suspected of participating in looting and other crimes.
Prosecutor General of the Republic of Kazakhstan Berik Assylov delivered a report to the lower chamber of the Kazakh Parliament on the tragic events of last January when unrest erupted in many cities of Kazakhstan.
Images | t.me/KZgovernment
Tell a friend
According to the operational headquarters, heat supply has been restored in the basements of 71 multi-storey apartment blocks in Ekibastuz, the press service of the Prime Minister informed.
As First Deputy Prime Minister Roman Sklyar said, repair works at all heating substations located in the basements of these apartment blocks were completed. The work is ongoing in flats, where the brigades are replacing burst radiators and are repairing the pipes.
The operational headquarters has published a list of all residential buildings and private houses needing repair.
851 workers are involved in repair operation so far.
11 apartment blocks still remain unheated in Ekibastuz. Local authorities promise to restore heat supply in them till the end of the day.
Tell a friend
129 out of 149 residential buildings and 10 of 15 social facilities in Ekibastuz town have already restored heat supply, Kazinform has learned from the municipal administration.
Four more boilers have been additionally switched on. Heat supply is being restored in 5 social facilities and 17 residential buildings. State emergency was declared in the town last night," municipal akimat says.
Six boilers are operating now at the Ekibastuz Thermal Power Plant. Four boilers are in reserve for maintaining temperature regime.
Educational organizations have been switched to online learning. Kindergartens are not working.
123 people have been evacuated to the city of Pavlodar.
Temperatures in healthcare facilities stand at +20+25°C which complies with sanitary requirements. 269 patients including 92 children are getting treatment at the Municipal Hospital of Ekibastuz, and 37 patients including 19 children stay in the perinatal center.
Emergency care centers are working in a routine mode.
138 workers and 35 units of special vehicles are involved in heat restoration operation. 14 out of 15 damages have been eliminated so far.
20 residential building are expected to be fully provided with heating in the first half of the day.
Almaty and Astana cities began gathering humanitarian aid for residents of Ekibastuz suffering from cold. "We cannot stay on the sidelines and begin gathering humanitarian aid for Ekibastuz, where people need winter clothes, heaters, blankets, sleeping bags, etc. You may bring these things to the departments of KasPost in Astana and Almaty. Our company will deliver the aid to Ekibastuz fully at its own expense," Assel Zhanassova, CEO of KazPost, informed via her Facebook account.
Tell a friend
Minister of Emergencies Yury Ilyin announced the date when the investigation into the Arcelor Mittal Temirtau coalmine tragedy will end, Kazinform reports.
In his words, the results of the investigation will be announced on November 23, with the participation of mass media. "The commission is still working," said Ilyin on the sidelines of the Cabinet’s weekly meeting today.
As reported earlier, the accident occurred on November 3 in the Lenin coalmine in Shakhtinsk of Karaganda region. Five miners died on the scene of the accident. Four more were hospitalized with various injuries. A criminal investigation was launched as per Article 277 of the Criminal Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan "Breach of safety regulations during mining or construction works"
Tell a friend
Four workers injured as a result of the Lenin coalmine accident were taken to the Makazhanov Multi-Field Hospital in Karaganda, Kazinform reports.
According to him, two miners got open craniocerebral trauma and methane gas poisoning. "They will undergo a surgery. Both are conscious, but their condition is serious," he added.
The other two miners were hospitalized to the toxicology department with serious methane and carbon monoxide poisoning
Tell a friend
A governmental commission was established to investigate into the causes of the Lenin coalmine accident which occurred last night in Shakhtinsk town of Karaganda region.
As per the latest data, five miners died as a result of the accident in the Lenin coalmine. The governmental commission, which was set up at my instruction for investigating into the accident, includes ministerial officials, reps of local executive structures and trade unions," Prime Minister Alikhan Smailov posted in Facebook.
The Prime Minister reminds, that the issue of safe working conditions was discussed during his visit to Arcelor Mittal Temirtau in summer.
I have already emphasized the importance of creating safe working conditions and investing in modernization of production processes. The governmental commission is set a number of tasks: impartial investigation into the accident reasons and provision of all-round assistance to the families of victims and those injured. I express my deepest condolences to the families and relatives of victims," the post reads.
20.01.2023, 16:10OSCE ODIHR observers to be invited to monitor Majilis elections in Kazakhstan 20.01.2023, 12:5463591Nursultan Nazarbayev undergoes heart surgery 20.01.2023, 15:1963381Kassym-Jomart Tokayev holds telephone conversation with Vladimir Putin 20.01.2023, 11:5959456Kazakhstan to hold early maslikhat elections Mar 19 23.01.2023, 10:4554066Kazakhstan attends meeting of CA and EU envoys for Afghanistan 29.12.2022, 09:3882986Kazakh President congratulates Dinara Saduakasova on World Rapid Champs silver 28.12.2022, 15:5182001Kazakh chess players in leading group of FIDE World Chess Championship in Almaty 28.12.2022, 12:3277386United Nations Square set to appear in Astana 31.12.2022, 12:0674316Kazakh Constitutional Court judges named 01.01.2023, 00:0072876Kazakh President congratulates Kazakhstanis on New Year