Now viewing: All news
- Kazakhstan ranked 168 in freedom of press ratingAccording to the Freedom of Press 2009 report prepared by the American non-governmental organisation Freedom House, Kazakhstan ranked 168 - 171 along with Azerbaijan, Sudan and Tajikistan, out of 195 countries, the agency reports citing the report.
- President took part opening of kindergarten in AstanaThe President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, took part in opening of kindergarten №47 Ak zhelken for 240 places in Astana, the agency reports citing official mass media.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for April 30:
- Internet companies should have responsibility for everything they have on their sitesThe Internet companies should have responsibility for everything that they have on their sites. The economist, Professor of Bocconi University, Carlo Alberto Carnevale Maffe, said during the IX Euroasian Media Forum, speaking about the necessity of combating pornography, violence and terrorism in the Internet, the agency reports.
- Nazarbayev signed law on preventive maintenance of offencesThe head of state, Nursultan Nazarbayev, signed the law on preventive maintenance of offences directed at defining of legal, economic, social and organizational bases for preventive maintenance of offences, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- Transport Departments of Kazakhstan, Russia, Belarus initiate lifting import duty for Euro-5 automobiles
Transport Departments of Kazakhstan, Russia, Belarus initiate lifting import duty for Euro-5 automobilesTransport Departments of Kazakhstan, Russia, Belarus plan to address the Customs Union Commission with the offer to establish zero import customs duties on cargo and passenger vehicles of Euro-5 standard and higher for international automobile transportations. The arrangement has been reached, following the results of the session of the Council of Motor Transport of the Coordinating Transport Meeting of the CIS countries, which passed on April 21 in Rostov-on-Don, the agency reports citing the Belarus cable agency BELTA.
- 40 thousand people to take part in May Day demonstrations in Moscow40 thousand people will take part in May 1 demonstrations in Moscow, the agency reports citing the information resource Vesti.
- Lisbon Stock Exchange collapsedFinancial and economic conjuncture at the European Union markets has significantly deteriorated this morning, when profitabilit of 2-year-old bonds of Greece has reached an unknown level of 21.4 %, the agency reports citing ITAR-TASS.
- Parliament passed Law on External InvestigationThe deputies of the Senate of Parliament of Kazakhstan at the plenary session agreed with the offers of the conciliatory commission that has been created to overcome the disagreements between Majilis and the Parliament of Kazakhstan on the bill on external investigation, the agency reports.
- Parliament passed amendments to legislation allowing veterans to privatise their apartmentsThe deputies of the Senate of Parliament of Kazakhstan at the plenary session today passed the law on the amendments and additions to the Law on Housing Relations, the agency reports.
- Parliament approved amendments to Law on CultureThe deputies of the Senate of Parliament of Kazakhstan at the plenary session agreed with the offers of the conciliatory commission that has been created to overcome the disagreements of the Majilis and the Senate of the Parliament on the bill on the amendments and additions to the Law on Culture. Thus, the law is considered to be passed and is not forwarded to the head of state to be signed into law, the agency reports.
- PACE refused to recognise famine as genocide of exclusively Ukrainian peopleThe Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) the day before rejected the amendment to the resolution to the report the 'Tribute to the Memory of Victims of Famine in the former USSR', recognising the events of 1930 years genocide of exclusively Ukrainian people, the agency reports citing to ITAR-TASS.
- EAMF Organising Committee to consider possibility of creation of mechanisms of the Internet regulation
EAMF Organising Committee to consider possibility of creation of mechanisms of the Internet regulationThe Organising Committee of the Euroasian Media Forum (EAMF) intends to consider a possibility of creation of the universal legal and ethical mechanisms of regulation of the Internet. The chairman of the Organising Committee, Dariga Nazarbayeva, said today in the salutatory sppech devoted to closing of the IX Euroasian Media Forum, the agency reports.
- Parliament ratified agreement between Kazakhstan and Armenia on mutual protection of investmentsThe deputies of the Senate of Parliament of Kazakhstan at the plenary session today passed the law on ratification of the agreement between the government of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Armenia on encouragement and mutual protection of investments, the agency reports.
- Soyuz -U rocket with cargo spacecraft Progress M-05M launched from BaikonurSoyuz-U space rocket with the cargo spacecraft Progress М-05М were launched the day before at 23.15 Astana time from the cosmodrome Baikonur, the agency reports citing RosCosmos press service.
- World prices for oil gone upFollowing the results of the tenders on Wednesday, the world prices for oil have gone up, the agency reports citing RIA RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).