Now viewing: Politics
- Kazakhstan has chances to become OSCE chairman in 2009 - OSCE/ODIHR chairmanDespite of a number of remarks made by OSCE, following the results of supervision of the parliamentary elections of 2007, Kazakhstan has chances to become OSCE chairman in 2009.
- Nazarbayev's first state visit to Syria came to endThe first state visit of the leader of the state Nursultan Nazarbayev to the Syrian Arabian Republic finished, the agency reports referring to the president's press service. The President visited the National museum of Syria in the city of Damascus today. The official events of the state visit have come to the end with a working breakfast with the President of Syria Bashar Asaad. As it was informed earlier, the first state visit of the President of Kazakhstan took place on November 5-7. During the visit the leader of the state carried on negotiations with the top leadership of the country.
- Kazakhstan President laid stone at historical and cultural center and Al-Farabi mausoleumThe President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev during his state visit to Syria took part in the ceremony of laying a stone at the historical and cultural center and mausoleum of Abu Nasra al-Farabi on his burial place and familiarized with the course of restoration of the memorial complex of Sultan Beybars, the press service of the leader of Kazakhstan informed.
- Personnel rearrangements took place in Almaty akimatAlmaty akimat has undergone personnel rearrangements. Almaty akim, Imangali Tasmagambetov, signed the decree on Tuesday, the agency reports referring to official mass media.
- Kazakhstan by improving election process can become model for other countries - OSCEKazakhstan by improving election process can become model for other countries.
- Meeting of militaries and diplomats of SCO states held in PekinThe 17th session of joint control group on realization of Shanghai (1996) and Moscow (1997) agreements on strengthening of measures of trust in the military area in borders' areas and on mutual reduction of armed forces in frontier areas has been held since October 29 in Pekin, the agency reports.
- Defense Minister released a number of military officialsThe Minister of Defense of Kazakhstan Daniyal Akhmetov released a number of military officials from their posts on Monday, the agency reports referring to Defense Ministry press service.
- Chairman of EU commission supported activization of partnership with TurkmenistanThe chairman of the EU commission supported activization of partnership with Turkmenistan and search for individual approach of EU in cooperation with the country that has large potential, the agency reports referring to the state news agency of Turkmenistan (TDH) on Tuesday.