Now viewing: Politics
- SCO member states to develop joint system of measures to overcome crisis - NazarbayevSCO member states need to develop joint system of measures to overcome crisis. The President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, stated today at the meeting with prime ministers of the SCO member states, the agency reports. SCO member states possess all the necessary components so that the organization could become a powerful financial and economic association.
- New chairman of Business and Industry Department appointed in AlmatyBahytzhan Sapiyev has been appointed chairman of Department of Business and Industry in Almaty by the order of akim of the city, the agency reports referring to the press service of Almaty akim.
- Nazarbayev met Minister for President's Affairs of United Arab EmiratesThe President of the state, Nursultan Nazarbayev, met the Minister of the President's Affairs of the United Arab Emirates, sheikh Mansur ben Zayed Al Nahayan, the agency reports referring to the president's press service.
- Nur Otan Party ready to cooperate with the USA political parties - telechannelThe National Democratic Party Nur Otan is ready to cooperate with political parties of the USA and to study centuries-old history of the American party system. First vice chairman of Nur Otan Party, Darhan Kaletayev, stated on Wednesday at the meeting with the Plenipotentiary and Extraordinary Ambassador of the USA to Kazakhstan, Richard Haugland, the agency reports referring to Habar agency.
- Majilis deputies suggest introducing death penalty for deliberate murder of childrenMajilis deputies suggest introducing death penalty for deliberate murder of children. The deputy of Lower Chamber, Nurtay Sabilyanov, informed on his proposal in the letter addressed to the President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, the agency reports.
- Influence of events in Afghanistan on Central Asian countries to be discussed in DushanbeThe international conference - Central Asia and Afghanistan: Challenges, Opportunities and Prospects will take place in Dushanbe in the beginning of November in the Center of Strategic Research at the President of the Republic of Tajikistan, the agency reports referring to Asia Plus.
- Majilis of Parliament elected Dymov to Committee for Legal and Judicial ReformMajilis deputies at the plenary session on Wednesday elected Oleg Dymov to the Committee for Legal and Judicial Reform, the agency reports.