Now viewing: Politics
- OSCE chairman, UN Secretary General sent special representatives to KyrgyzstanThe OSCE chairman, Kanat Saudabaev, and the UN Secretary General, Ban Ki-moon, sent special representatives of two organizations to Kyrgyzstan, the agency reports citing the Ministry for Foreign Affairs press service.
- Nazarbayev signed amendments to legislation concerning counteraction to terrorismThe head of state, signed the law on the amendments and additions to the acts of Kazakhstan concerning counteraction to terrorism, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- US military air base closed in KyrgyzstanThe US military air base has been closed due to disorders in Kyrgyzstan, the agency reports citing France Press.
- US State Department demands to punish guilty of disorders in KyrgyzstanThe official representative of the US State Department, Philip Crowley, made the statement according, to which the USA demands to punish all guilty of disorders in Kyrgyzstan and stated support to the elected President, Kurmanbek Bakiev, the agency reports citing television channel RBC.
- 3 thousand people try to break into Parliament building in BishkekAbout 3 thousand people are trying to break into the building of zhogorku kenesh (parliament in the capital of Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek), the agency reports.
- President Kyrgyzstan resignsThe President of Kyrgyzstan, Kurmanbek Bakiev, is going to resign, the agency reports citing Fergana. Ru.
- President of Kyrgyzstan is in his southern residence in OshThe President of Kyrgyzstan, Kurmanbek Bakiev, is in his southern residence in the city of Osh, the agency reports citing 24.kg.
- USA cancelled bilateral consultations with KyrgyzstanThe USA cancelled bilateral consultations with Kyrgyzstan regarding the project of practical cooperation. The official representative of the White House, Phillip Crowley informed, the agency reports citing news agency 24.kg.
- Kazakhstan as OSCE chairman expressed concern over uprising in KyrgyzstanKazakhstan as OSCE chairman expressed concern over uprising in Kyrgyzstan
- Chair of president's administration denies information that Bakiev left the countryThe chair of the president's administration of Kyrgyzstan, Kanybek Zhoroev, denied the information that the President of Kyrgyzstan, Kurmanbek Bakiev, had left the country, the agency reports citing 24.kg.