Now viewing: Politics
- Iran strengthens military presence in Caspian SeaIran has strengthened its military presence in the Caspian Sea: the Navies of Iran have been increased by the first up-to-date torpedo boat, the agency reports citing the Iranian news agency Mehrnews.
- Bakiev left territory of KazakhstanThe President of Kyrgyzstan, Kurmanbek Bakiev, left the territory of Kazakhstan. The official representative of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan, Askar Abdrahmanov, informed at a briefing today, the agency reports.
- Crowd of people thrown stones at administration building in Bishkek's suburbsA crowd of more than 1 thousand people have thrown stones at the building of the regional administration in the suburbs of the capital of Kyrgyzstan, in village Mayovka, the agency reports.
- OSCE chairman to visit BishkekOSCE chairman to visit Bishkek
- Events in Kyrgyzstan investigated by international commissionThe events of April 7 - 8 in Kyrgyzstan are being investigated by the international commission. The chairman of the apparatus of the provisional government of Kyrgyzstan, Edil Baysalov, informed, the agency reports.
- Kyrgyzstan provisional government requests world community to block Bakiev's accountsThe provisional government of Kyrgyzstan has requested the world community to find and block Kurmanbek Bakiev's bank accounts, the agency reports citing RIA RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).
- Prevention of further escalation of conflict - OSCE mission in KyrgyzstanPrevention of further escalation of the conflict was the OSCE mission in Kyrgyzstan. The special representative of the OSCE chairman, Zhanybek Karibzhanov, informed during the meeting with the President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, on Friday, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- Kazakhstan President advised Kyrgyzstan government to stabilize situation in the countryThe President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, at Friday's briefing in Akorda wished the provisional government of Kyrgyzstan to take power into their own hands and to start stabilizing the situation in the country, the agency reports.