Now viewing: Politics
- Election Commission registered Nazarbayev as presidential candidateA session of the Central Election Commission of Kazakhstan regarding registration of the incumbent President of Kazakhstan Nurlultan Nazarbayev as a presidential candidate was held today, the CEC's press service informed, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Kuwait increases salary of army soldiers and policeThe Supreme Council of Defense of Kuwait will increase salaries of soldiers serving in the military and police, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Libya anti-government protests continueThousands of people took to the streets overnight to protest against security forces killing more than 20 protesters, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Kazakh Ministry of Internal Affairs undergone personnel rearrangementsThe Minister of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan Serik Baymaganbetov appointed new chairmen of Criminal, Administrative and Traffic Police Committees, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Bahrainis banned from public gatheringsBahrain's government banned public gatherings and sent the army vehicles to patrol the streets of Bahrain's capital, Kazakhstan Today reports.