Now viewing: Society
- Six out of ten children 'lie about age on internet'A new survey has revealed six out of every 10 children who make contact with strangers on the internet lie about their age, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Michelle Obama forbids her daughters to use FacebookFirst Lady Michelle Obama does not allow her daughters to use Facebook, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Diet soda leads to greater risk of strokeA new study has claimed diet soda leads to greater risk of heart attacks and strokes, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Bakiyev's former home turned into a brothelA house of Kurmanbek Bakiyev's family in Bishkek turned into a brothel, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Job strain increases women's heart attack riskWomen who report having high levels of job stress appear to be at 40% increased risk of having a heart attack, compared with women who report less stress at work, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Polar bear population struggles as Arctic sea ice meltsA new study has claimed the polar bear population is decreasing as the Arctic sea ice is melting, Kazakhstan Today reports.