Now viewing: All news
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for October 11:
- Main crew of Soyuz TMA-11 approvedThe main crew of the expedition Soyuz TMA-11 was approved at the session of the state commission, the agency reports.
- Government to increase size of living wageThe government of Kazakhstan is ready to increase the size of living wage up to 10.515 thousand KZT in the project of the republican budget for 2008.
- European Union is interested in strengthening cooperation with Kazakhstan - SolanaThe European Union is interested in deepening cooperation with Kazakhstan.
- Kazakhstan FM met OSCE High Commissioner for National MinoritiesThe Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan Marat Tazhin held the meeting with the OSCE High Commissioner for National Minorities Knut Vollebekk, who had arrived in our country for a visit, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs press service informed the agency.
- 4-magnitude earthquake struck Almaty4-magnitude earthquake by the Richter scale struck Almaty on October 9 at 22.00, the agency reports referring to the Ministry of Emergency of the Republic.
- Astana can host opening of VII Winter Asian Games - Tourism MinistryAstana can host opening of VII Winter Asian Games of 2011.
- KazPrime indicator decreased by 1 basic items and made 9.25 % annual on KASEFollowing the results of fixing at the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange (KASE) on October 10, value of KazPrime indicator decreased by 1 basic items and made 9.25 % annual on KASE, the agency reports.
- Prime Minister introduced candidature of new akim of Northern Kazakhstan oblastThe Prime Minister of Kazakhstan Karim Masimov proposed candidature of Serik Bilyalov for the post of the oblast akim in the regional maslikhat of the Northern Kazakhstan oblast on Tuesday, the source in the akimat of the Northern Kazakhstan oblast informed the agency.
- President of Turkmenistan, first vice President of CIS Executive Committee met in AshkhabadThe meeting of the President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov with the first vice President of CIS Executive Committee, the CIS Executive Secretary Vladimir Garkun took place in Ashkhabad on Tuesday during the working trip of the delegation of the CIS Executive Committee to Turkmenistan, the agency reports referring to the press service of the CIS Executive Committee.
- Average weighted rate is 120.96 KZT per dollarAverage weighted rate of KZT on Kazakhstan stock exchange (KASE) decreased on Wednesday against Tuesday by 0.02 and totaled KZT 120.96 per dollar.
- World market price for silver increasingWorld market prices for silver has increased. In September quotations grew, thus, significant corrections were absent.
- New chairman of Department of Internal Affairs in Western Kazakhstan oblast appointedNew chairman of the Department of Internal Affairs of the Western Kazakhstan oblast has been appointed, Western Kazakhstan oblast Department of Internal Affairs press service informed.
- Discussion of Kashagan project expected next week - Sauat MynbayevIntensive discussion of the requirements of Kazakhstan regarding Kashagan project will start next week.
- Problem of Society for Krishna Consciousness is not solved due to inactivity of local authorities - National Center for Human Rights
Problem of Society for Krishna Consciousness is not solved due to inactivity of local authorities - National Center for Human RightsThe problem of the religious association the Society for Krishna Consciousness "does not find resolution due to inactivity of local authorities." The chairman of the National Center for Human Rights Vyacheslav Kaluzhny said at the press conference today.
- Kazakhstan President, OSCE Supreme Commissioner for National Minorities discussed prospects of cooperation
Kazakhstan President, OSCE Supreme Commissioner for National Minorities discussed prospects of cooperationThe leader of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev and the OSCE Supreme Commissioner for National Minorities Knut Vollebek discussed the questions of further cooperation on Tuesday, the agency reports.