Now viewing: All news
- Plenary session of the third Civil forum began in AstanaPlenary session of the third civil forum began in Astana, the agency reports.
- Nazarbayev condoled in connection with death of Japanese architect KurokavaThe President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev sent the telegram of condolence to the Prime Minister of Japan Yasuo Fukuda in connection with the death of the prominent architect of the present Kisho Kurokawa, the agency reports referring to the president's press service.
- Sharp reduction of prices for oil not expectedIn the world stock exchange the price for oil has kept over $80 for the most part of the last month.
- 22.4 million tons of grain in bunker weight threshedAs of October 18, 22.4 million tons of grain in bunker weight has been threshed in Kazakhstan, the agency reports.
- European Union to alleviate sanctions against UzbekistanEuropean Union removed visa restrictions concerning some Uzbek officials.
- Kazakhstan application for OSCE presidency perceived with optimism - J. FinliKazakhstan application for presidency in OSCE has been perceived by the United States with great optimism.
- Astana, Berlin interested in joint realization of investment projects in KazakhstanAstana and Berlin are interested in joint realization of large investment projects in Kazakhstan, the press service of the government of Kazakhstan informed on October 17.
- KazPrime indicator decreased by 3 basic items and made 8.93 % annual on KASEFollowing the results of fixing at the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange (KASE) on October 18, value of KazPrime indicator decreased by 3 basic items and made 8.93 % annual on KASE, the agency reports.
- Leaders of Caspian littoral states accepted joint declarationThe leaders of the Caspian littoral states, following the results of the summit in Teheran, accepted joint declaration.
- Average weighted rate is 120.75 KZT per dollarAverage weighted rate of KZT on Kazakhstan stock exchange (KASE) increased on Thursday against Wednesday by 0.03 and totaled KZT 120.75 per dollar.
- Kazakhstan CEC chairman met Ambassador, US OSCE permanent representativeKazakhstan Chairman of Central Election Commission Kuandyk Turgankulov met the Ambassador, permanent representative of the United States America at OSCE Julia Finli by her request, the agency reports referring to the CEC press service.
- OSCE Secretary General to arrive in BakuOSCE Secretary General Marc Perrin de Brichambaut will arrive in Baku on October 18, Baku OSCE representation informed the agency.
- Majilis approved bill on air service with PolandThe Majilis deputies approved the bill on ratification of the agreement between the government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the government of the Republic of Poland on air communication on Wednesday.
- US representatives of Defense Ministry visit KyrgyzstanThe first vice deputy of the Minister of Defense of the USA for Political Affairs Scott Schless accompanied by the military adviser colonel Christopher Lozo arrived in Bishkek for a two-day official visit on Wednesday, the agency reports referring to the press service of the US embassy in Kyrgyzstan.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for October 18:
- Majilis approved bill on Republican budget for 2008The Majilis deputies approved the bill on the Republican budget for 2008 at the plenary session on Wednesday.
- Majilis approved bill on international automobile communication with GeorgiaThe Majilis deputies approved the bill on ratification of the agreement between the government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the government of Georgia on international automobile communication at the plenary session on Wednesday.
- Government not to subsidize banks - Prime MinisterGovernment not to subsidize banks - Prime Minister