Now viewing: All news
- 21st inter-confessional meeting for peace finished in NaplesThe 21st inter-religious meeting for peace with participation of the delegation of the members of the parliament and religious figures of Kazakhstan headed by the chairman of the Senate, the chairman of the secretariat of the congress of the leaders of world and traditional religions Kasym-Zhomart Tokayev finished on October 23 in Naples, the press service of the Senate of the Parliament informed the agency.
- Students of Royal College of Defense of Great Britain visited Ministry of Defense of KazakhstanVice Minister of Defense of Kazakhstan Bolat Sembinov met the students of the Royal College of Defense of Great Britain, the agency reports referring to the press service of the Ministry of Defense of Kazakhstan.
- President of Kyrgyzstan sent government in resignationThe President of Kyrgyzstan Kurmanbek Bakiyev sent the cabinet of ministers in resignation today.
- Prices for zinc in the world market fluctuateIn the world market the prices for zinc are fluctuating within the limits of the outlined stabilization.
- Commodity turnover between SCO member states grows - OrazbakovDuring the meeting of the ministers of economics of the SCO member states the participants of the session ascertained that commodity turnover between the SCO member countries essentially grows.
- Actual budget deficit for 9 months 2007 developed at level 117.9 bln KZT - Finance MinistryThe actual budget deficit for 9 months of 2007 has developed at the level of 117.9 bln KZT.
- President to take part in opening of several objectsThe leader of the state Nursultan Nazarbayev will take part in the opening at several new objects in Astana prior to the Day of Republic on October 24-25, the agency reports referring to the press service of Astana akimat.
- CICMA to receive full status of observer at UN General Assembly - B. SultanovThe Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building (CICMA) will receive full status of observer at the UN General Assembly.
- National fund assets for nine months grew by 27.8 % - Finance MinistryThe assets of the National fund of Kazakhstan for nine months of 2007 have grown by 27.8 %.
- New Constitution came into operation, date of parliamentary elections appointed in KyrgyzstanThe new edition of the Constitution has come into operation and the date of parliamentary elections has been appointed in Kyrgyzstan, the agency reports.
- KazPrime indicator increased by 7 basic items and made 9.22 % annual on KASEFollowing the results of fixing at the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange (KASE) on October 24, value of KazPrime indicator increased by 7 basic items and made 9.22 % annual on KASE, the agency reports.
- Nazarbayev finished working trip to ShymkentThe leader of the state Nursultan Nazarbayev finished his working trip to Shymkent on Tuesday, the agency reports.
- Kyrgyzstan referendum did not meet international obligations of the country - US embassyThe referendum, which took place on October 21, did not meet the international obligations, which Kyrgyzstan incurred. The statement of the US embassy in Kyrgyzstan widespread on Tuesday, the agency reports.
- Nazarbayev met President of United Arab EmiratesDuring the visit to Shymkent the leader of the state Nursultan Nazarbayev met the President of the United Arab Emirates the Sheikh Khalifah ibn Zayid al-Nahayan, who arrived in Kazakhstan for a short visit, the agency reports referring to the Kazakhstan president's administration.
- Launch of rocket Proton, space vehicle Sirius-4 scheduled for November 18The launch of the rocket Proton with the space vehicle Sirius-4 has been scheduled for November 18, the agency reports referring to the press service of M. Hrunichev state space research-and-manufacturing center.
- Roscosmos chairman awarded representatives of Kazakhstan law-enforcement structuresRoscosmos chairman Anatoly Perminov awarded the representatives of the Kazakhstan law-enforcement structures the departmental medals and diplomas on Tuesday at Baikonur, the agency reports.
- Gold and exchange currency reserves of Kazakhstan decreased by 1.4 % in first half of OctoberThe international reserves of the country, as a whole, (in current prices), including money of the National fund (by preliminary data, $18 754.2 million), decreased by 1.4 % and have made $36 595.2 million, the agency reports referring to the message of the National Bank of the Republic.
- Average weighted rate is 120.77 KZT per dollarAverage weighted rate of KZT on Kazakhstan stock exchange (KASE) decreased on Wednesday against Tuesday by 0.01 and totaled KZT 120.77 per dollar.
- Kyrgyzstan President convinced elections of new parliament to be democratic and transparentThe President of Kyrgyzstan Kurmanbek Bakiyev made the statement on Monday, following the results of yesterday's referendum for the Constitution and the Law on Elections, and in connection with the dissolution of the Parliament, the agency reports.
- National Bank chairman to take part in meeting of Council of board of WB, IMF - MFAThe delegation of Kazakhstan headed by the chairman of the National Bank of Kazakhstan Anvar Saydenov took part in the annual meeting of the Council of the board of World Bank and IMF on October 19-22.
- Development of Trans-Asian and Euro-Asian transport corridors in Central Asia to be discussed in Dushanbe at OSCE regional conference
Development of Trans-Asian and Euro-Asian transport corridors in Central Asia to be discussed in Dushanbe at OSCE regional conferenceThe prospects of development of Trans-Asian and Euro-Asian transport corridors in Central Asia will be the issue for discussion at a two-day OSCE regional conference, which will take place on October 23 in Dushanbe, the agency reports.