Now viewing: All news
- Decrease of economy rates for short period - of benefit to the state - NazarbayevDecrease of economy rates for a short period of time will be of benefit to our state. The President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev stated today at the session of the political council of Nur Otan Party.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for January 18:
- KazAgroFinance to issue euro bonds for $200 millionKazAgroFinance plans to issue in 2008 euro bonds for the sum of $200 million, the President of the company Ibragim Tagashev said at the session of the Ministry of Agriculture, the agency reports.
- Nazarbayev set objective to improve quality of legislative workQuality of legislative work in the country should be improved, the President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev said today at the expanded session of the political council of Nur Otan Party, the agency reports.
- Nazarbayev called to strengthen struggle against corruptionThe President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev called to strengthen struggle against corruption, the agency reports. "Regional branches of Nur Otan Party should develop purposeful struggle against corruption on spots, there should be special councils in the regional and oblast branches of the party, which authoritative people of the regions should join," he said at the session of the political council of the party today.
- January gold and exchange currency reserves of Kazakhstan grew by 3.4 %International reserves of the country as a whole (in current prices), including money of the National fund (by preliminary data total $21 300.7 million), increased by 3.4 % and made $39 755.1 million, the agency reports referring to the National Bank of the Republic.
- Kazakhstan Ambassador to Russia met Russian Foreign MinisterThe Plenipotentiary and Extraordinary Ambassador of the Republic of Kazakhstan to Russia Nurtay Abykayev met the Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation Sergey Lavrov in Moscow on Wednesday, the agency reports referring to the press service of Kazakhstan embassy in the Russian Federation.
- Kazakhstan GDP per capita to total $7.8 thousand in 2008Kazakhstan GDP per capita to total $7.8 thousand in 2008
- Expanded session of Nur Otan political council commenced in AstanaThe expanded session of the political council of the National Democratic Party Nur Otan commenced in Astana with participation of the leader of the state Nursultan Nazarbayev, the agency reports.
- KazPrime indicator decreased by 29 items and made 12.13 % annual on KASEFollowing the results of fixing at the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange (KASE) on January 17, value of KazPrime indicator decreased by 29 items and made 12.13 % annual on KASE, the agency reports.
- KASE index on January 17 decreased by 2.4 % - up to 2675.15Following the results of the tenders of the actions at the Kazakhstan stock exchange (KASE) on January 17, 2008 KASE index decreased by 65.45 items (2.4 %) - from 2740.60 up to 2675.15, the agency reports.
- National Bank to hold four auctions of short-term notes for 250 billion KZT in JanuaryThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan will hold four auctions of short-term notes for the sum of 250 billion KZT in January, 2008, the agency reports referring to the National Bank press centre.
- Average weighted rate is 120.05 KZT per dollarAverage weighted rate of KZT on Kazakhstan stock exchange (KASE) increased on Thursday against Wednesday by 0.19 and totaled KZT 120.05 per dollar.
- Shanyrak representatives address Nazarbayev on occasion of withdrawal of land plots in AlmatyThe republican public association Shanyrak addressed the President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev with the request to create the government commission to check observance of legality regarding withdrawal of the land plots in Almaty.
- Kazakhstan to increase oil refining by 500 thousand tons in 2008 - vice Minister of EnergyKazakhstan will increase oil refining by 500 thousand tons in 2008. Vice Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources Bolat Akchulakov informed at the session of the Agriculture Ministry on Wednesday, the agency reports.
- New regional akim appointed in Eastern KazakhstanNew regional akim has been appointed in the Eastern Kazakhstan oblast, the regional akimat informed the agency.