Now viewing: All news
- Level of inflation kept in limits - governmentKazakhstan government states that it has kept the level of inflation in limits. The Prime Minister of Kazakhstan Karim Masimov stated today at the plenary Majilis session, the agency reports.
- Turkestan akim became assistant akim of South Kazakhstan oblastAli Bektayev has been appointed for the post of assistant akim of the South Kazakhstan oblast for ideological affairs, who earlier held the post of akim of Turkestan, the oblast press service informed the agency.
- KASE index on May 28 decreased by 1.4 % - up to 2669.97Following the results of the tenders of the shares at the Kazakhstan stock exchange (KASE) on May 28, 2008 KASE index decreased by 38.93 items (1.4 %) - from 2708.90 up to 2669.97, the agency reports.
- Eastern Kazakhstan oblast akimat undergone personnel appointmentsEastern Kazakhstan oblast akimat has undergone personnel appointments. Eastern Kazakhstan oblast akim press service informed the agency.
- Majilis approved amendments to Republican budget of 2008Today at the plenary session Majilis deputies approved amendments to the Republican budget of 2008, the agency reports.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for May 29:
- Sichuan Province struck another earthquakeChinese Province Sichuan struck another strong earthquake at 16.05, which was felt in Chengdu - administrative center of the province, the agency reports referring to the Xinhua News Agency.
- Kazakhstan government forecasts economic growth rates not less than 5%The government of Kazakhstan states that economic situation has been stabilized and forecasts the rate of economic growth this year at the level of not less than 5%. The Prime Minister of Kazakhstan Karim Masimov stated today at the plenary Majilis session, the agency reports.
- Possible OPEC plans to convert cost of oil to euro to weaken dollar exchange ratePossible OPEC plans to convert cost of oil to euro will weaken dollar exchange rate. The chairman of the board of the State Insurance Corporation for Insurance of Investment and Export Credit (ICIEC) Galym Amerkhodzhayev informed the agency.
- Nazarbaev met group of deputies of Senate of Parliament of KazakhstanThe President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev met the group of deputies of Senate of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the agency reports referring to the president's press service.
- CSTO discussed creation of uniform system of technical protection of railwaysCSTO discussed creation of uniform system of technical protection of railways
- National Bank to reduce marginal reserve requirements on foreign obligations up to 6%The National Bank plans in the near future to reduce MRR on foreign obligations up to 6%. Vice chairman of the National Bank of Kazakhstan Bisengali Tadzhiyakov informed today at the plenary Majilis session, the agency reports.
- Switzerland to increase volumes of mutual trade with KazakhstanSwitzerland intends to increase volumes of mutual trade with Kazakhstan. Vice State Secretary for Economic Affairs of Switzerland stated at the fifth meeting of Kazakhstan-Swiss Commission for Trade and Economic Relations on Tuesday, the agency reports.
- 2.1 million hectares of grain sown in Northern Kazakhstan2.1 million hectares of grain, 59 %, have been sown in the Northern Kazakhstan, Regional Agricultural Department informed the agency.
- Average weighted rate is 120.54 KZT per dollarAverage weighted rate of KZT on Kazakhstan stock exchange (KASE) increased by 0.04 KZT on Wednesday against Tuesday and totaled KZT 120.54 per dollar.
- Market of mobile communication in Kazakhstan is most competitive - Eurasian Bank representativeMarket of mobile communications in Kazakhstan is the most competitive. The chairman of Audit Committee of the Eurasian Bank Valery Dordzhiev said during the press conference on change of management of Eurasian Bank on Tuesday.
- KazPrime indicator did not change and made 8.78 % annual on KASEFollowing the results of fixing at the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange (KASE) on May 28, value of KazPrime indicator did not change and made 8.78 % annual on KASE, the agency reports.
- New edition of Administrative Code to be introduced into Parliament in 2009 - Justice MinisterThe Ministry of Justice plans to submit in the first quarter of 2009 for consideration of the Parliament new edition of the Code on Administrative Offences (Administrative Code). The Minister of Justice Zagipa Baliyeva informed during the expanded session of the presidium of Nur Otan faction on Monday, the agency reports.
- Public chambers of Kazakhstan and Russia signed memorandum of mutual understandingDuring the visit of members of Public chamber of Majilis of the Parliament of Kazakhstan to Moscow the parties signed the memorandum of mutual understanding with Public chamber of the Russian Federation, the agency reports referring to Majilis press service. "The signed document establishes forms of co-operation between these bodies," the press service informs. Kazakhstan vice chairman of Public chamber of Majilis Vladimir Dvoretsky and Russian Secretary of Public chamber, chairman of Council of Public chamber of the Russian Federation Evgeniy Velihov signed the memorandum.
- Turkmenistan, European Union expand cooperationThe President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdymuhamedov and the EU Commissioner for Power Andris Piebalgs signed the memorandum of mutual understanding and cooperation in the field of energy, following the results of negotiations on Monday, the agency reports.
- World market prices for chrome increasedWorld market prices for chrome have increased. Average spot price for low-carbon ferrochromium (chrome content 68 - 70 %, carbon - 0.10 %) has gone up for the last days.
- Next session of Council of Foreign Investors to take place in AtyrauThe next session of the Council of Foreign Investors will take place in Atyrau on June 6. The Prime Minister of Kazakhstan Karim Masimov stated today at the plenary Majilis session, the agency reports.