Now viewing: All news
- Vice President of Nur Otan Party informed Nazarbayev on nomination of Senate candidatesThe first Vice President of the National Democratic Party Nur Otan, Adilbek Dzhaksybekov, informed Kazakhstan President, Nursultan Nazarbayev, on the work conducted by the regional branches of the party on nomination of the candidates to the Senate from Nur Otan Party, the agency reports referring to the president's press service.
- KASE index on August 5 decreased by 1.4 % - up to 2283.97Following the results of the tenders of the shares at the Kazakhstan stock exchange (KASE) on August 5, 2008 KASE index decreased by 33.33 items (1.4 %) - from 2317.30 up to 2283.97, the agency reports.
- July gold and exchange currency reserves of Kazakhstan increased by 0.4 %The international reserves of the country (in current prices), including money of the National fund (by preliminary data $25 956.6 million), have grown by 0.4 % and have made $46 998.7 million, the agency reports referring to the message of the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- National Bank in August 2008 plans to hold five auctions of short-term notes for 250 billion KZTKazakhstan National Bank will hold five auctions of short-term notes for the sum of 250 billion KZT in August of 2008, the agency reports referring to the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Launch of rocket carrier Proton-M scheduled for August 14 with space satellite Inmarsat 4F3 postponed
Launch of rocket carrier Proton-M scheduled for August 14 with space satellite Inmarsat 4F3 postponedLaunch of the rocket carrier Proton-M with the space vehicle Inmarsat 4F3 scheduled for August 14 from Baikonur has been postponed, the agency reports referring to the press service of Hrunichev State Space Research and Production Center.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for August 6:
- Duty-free import of consumer goods decreased by half in UzbekistanThe law came into force according to which duty-free import of consumer goods on the territory of the country by physical entities for private use has been reduced by half in Uzbekistan on July 21, 2008, the agency reports referring to CA-News agency.
- Iraq stopped import of oil to TurkeyImport of oil through the pipeline from the north of Iraq to Turkish port Ceyhan made 300 thousand barrels of oil last week and has completely stopped today, the agency reports referring to Neftegaz.ru.
- Recession in the world market of nickel proceedRecession in the world market of nickel has proceeded. Average price of this metal on LME at the last tenders has decreased by 19.5 %.
- Medical workers charged with mass HIV infection in children in south of KyrgyzstanCourt procedure on mass HIV infection of children in the city of Nookate of Osh oblast of Kyrgyzstan finished on August 1, the agency reports referring to the press service of the Ministry of Health of Kyrgyzstan.
- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid arrived for official visit in KyrgyzstanThe delegation of five members of the USA Senate headed by Senate Majority Leader, Senator from Nevada State, Harry Reid arrived yesterday in Bishkek, the agency reports referring to Public Relations Department of US Embassy in Kyrgyzstan.
- New Director of Department of Regulation of Natural Monopolies appointed in Western Kazakhstan oblast
New Director of Department of Regulation of Natural Monopolies appointed in Western Kazakhstan oblastNariman Toregaliyev has been appointed new Director of Agency of Regulation of Natural Monopolies of the Western Kazakhstan oblast by the order of the Agency Regulation of Natural Monopolies, the agency reports referring to the official site of akim of Western Kazakhstan oblast.
- Supreme bodies of financial control of Kazakhstan and Ukraine to hold parallel auditAccounts Committee of Kazakhstan and Counting Chamber of Ukraine in September - December, 2008 will hold parallel audit, the agency reports referring to the press service of Accounts Committee of Kazakhstan.
- USA Senate of Congress delegation to visit KazakhstanDelegation of the USA Senate of the Congress will visit Kazakhstan. The official representative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan, Yerzhan Ashikbayev, informed at today's briefing, the agency reports.
- Government to allocate more than 700 billion KZT to finance important projectsKazakhstan government plans to allocate more than 700 billion KZT in the nearest three years to finance important projects. The Minister of Economics and Budgetary Planning, Bahyt Sultanov, informed at the selector government meeting on Monday, the agency reports.
- KazPrime indicator decreased by 5 items and made 6.75 % annual on KASEFollowing the results of fixing at the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange (KASE) on August 5, value of KazPrime indicator decreased by 5 items and made 6.75 % annual on KASE, the agency reports.
- Kazakhstan - Canadian joint venture Inkay fined for environmental pollutionKazakhstan-Canadian joint venture Inkay has been fined for infringements of waste disposal regulations. The chairman of the branch of Shu-Talass Ecological Department of South Kazakhstan oblast, Abdugani Atyntayev, informed on Monday, the agency reports.
- Average weighted rate is 120.11 KZT per dollarAverage weighted rate of KZT on Kazakhstan stock exchange (KASE) increased by 0.03 KZT on Tuesday against Monday and totaled KZT 120.11 per dollar.
- Nazarbayev and Senate Speaker discussed preparation for forthcoming elections of Senate deputiesThe leader of the state, Nursultan Nazarbayev, received the Speaker of Senate of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Kasym-Zhomart Tokayev on Monday, the agency reports referring to the president's press service.
- Kazakhstan invites China to participate in construction of gas pipeline Beyneu - AkbulakKazakhstan invites China to participate in construction of gas pipeline Beyneu - Akbulak. Vice Prime Minister of Kazakhstan, Umirzak Shukeev, informed today at the selector government meeting, the agency reports.
- Cargo ship Progress М-65 being prepared for launchCargo ship Progress М-65 is being prepared for launch to the International Space Station at Baikonur, the agency reports referring to a source at the cosmodrome.
- Inflation index for July 2008 in Almaty made 0.7 %Inflation index in Almaty for July, 2008 has made 0.7 % that is below average republican parameter by 0.2 %, the agency reports referring to the press service of akim of the city on Monday.