Now viewing: All news
- EBD became observer at Organization for Counteraction to Legalization of Criminal ProceedsEurasian Development Bank (EBD) received the status of observer at the international organization on December 16-19 in Moscow at the session of the Eurasian Group for Counteraction Against Legalization of Criminal Proceeds and Financing of Terrorism, the agency reports with reference to the EABR press service.
- Samruk - Kazyna signed cooperation memoranda with construction companies of AstanaJSC Company Fund of National Welfare Samruk-Kazyna and five construction companies of Astana: Open Company Concern Stroymonolit-Astana, Open Company Caspian Service Kazakhstan, Open Company Astana Capital, Open Company Price-Astana-Stroi, and Open Company Capital Stroi Service signed memoranda of mutual cooperation to solve the problems in the real estate market, the agency reports with reference to the press service Samruk-Kazyna.
- General Consulate of China opened in AlmatyGeneral Consulate of the Peoples Republic of China opened in Almaty today, the agency reports with reference to the press service of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Acceptance of Kyoto Protocol to attract additional investments into energy sectorVice Minister of Environmental Protection, Alzhan Braliev, at the session of Majilis Ecological and Wildlife Management Committee informed that acceptance of Kyoto Protocol will allow Kazakhstan attracting additional investments into the energy sector of the economy, the agency reports.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for December 24:
- Mangistau MunaiGas for 11 months 2008 increased extraction of natural gas by 66 %Oil-extracting company - Mangistau MunaiGas for January - November, 2008 increased its extraction of natural gas by 66 %, the Regional Department of Industry and Business informed the agency.
- Foreign trade turnover in January - October, 2008 grew by 45 %According to Committee of Customs Control of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan, foreign trade turnover of Kazakhstan, not taking into account unorganized commerce, in January - October, 2008 totaled $93 billion 679.5 million and in comparison with the similar period of 2007 has increased by 44.7 %, the agency reports with reference to Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan.
- Kazakhstan occupies 9 place on list of countries accepting labor migrantsKazakhstan occupies the 9th place on the list of the leading countries of the world accepting labor migrants. The deputy of the Senate, Adil Ahmetov, informed today during the scientifically-practical conference in Parliament, the agency reports.
- 70 billion tenge to be allocated within State purchase-2009 actionThe assistant akim of Almaty, Askar Smankulov, informed that 70 billion KZT will be allocated from the local budget for the State purchase-2009 action carried out by the akimat of Almaty on purchase of the necessary products, the agency reports.
- Delimitation of Caspian Sea - main problem of Caspian statesThe issue of delimitation of the water area of the Caspian Sea is one of the main problems of the Caspian states. The Minister for Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan, Marat Tazhin, said at the 24th session of the special working group on development of the convention on legal status of the Caspian Sea at the level of Vice Ministers for Foreign Affairs of the Caspian states, the agency reports.
- MFA to work on issue of stability and safety of Caspian SeaThe Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan will work over the issue of stability and safety of the Caspian Sea. The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan, Marat Tazhin, said at the 24th session of the special working group on development of the convention on legal status of the Caspian Sea at the level of Vice Ministers for Foreign Affairs of the Caspian littoral states, the agency reports.
- Final version of Kazakhstan OSCE chairmanship concept to be considered in 2009The final version of the concept of the presidency of Kazakhstan in OSCE will be considered in the president's administration in the first half of 2009. The Minister for Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan, Marat Tazhin, informed today during the government session, the agency reports.
- Kazakhstan to study creation of Caspian Economic CooperationKazakhstan to study creation of Caspian Economic Cooperation
- Kazakhstan to state position on further economic developmentDuring the chairmanship in the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) Kazakhstan plans to state the position of some of the countries with small economies on their further economic development. The Minister for Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan, Marat Tazhin, informed today during the government session, the agency reports.
- Arcelor Mittal Temirtau requests changing some recommendationsThe management of coal department of JSC Company Arcelor Mittal Temirtau has requested the Ministry of Emergency Measures of Kazakhstan in connection with the world financial crisis to change some of the recommendations given after the last accidents in Abay and Tentek mines.
- Unemployment rate in Kazakhstan - 6.7 %The rate of unemployment in Kazakhstan in November, 2008 reached 6.7 % (November, 2007 - 7 %), the agency reports with reference to Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan.
- Prices in world market of tin decreasedPrices of tin in the world market have decreased. For the last days of December, the average price of this metal at the London Metal Exchange (LME) has decreased. At the same time, stocks of tin in the LME warehouses have increased for the last month.
- World prices for oil gone downWorld prices for oil have gone down, the agency reports citing RosBusinessConsulting.
- Beijing to host session of Council of National CoordinatorsBeijing will host the session of the Council of National Coordinators of the member states of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization. The official representative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan, Yerzhan Ashikbayev, informed at the briefing on Monday, the agency reports.
- III session of Kazakhstan - Emirates Trade and Economic Commission to be held in UAEThe United Arab Emirates will host the third Kazakhstan-Emirates Intergovernmental Trade and Economic Commission. The official representative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan, Yerzhan Ashikbayev, informed at the briefing on Monday, the agency reports.
- Government developed plan of action for 2008 - 2010The Minister of Industry and Commerce of Kazakhstan, Vladimir Schkolnik, said that the government of Kazakhstan along with the National Bank and the Agency for Regulation and Supervision of the Financial Market and Financial Organizations developed a plan of action on stabilization of economy and financial system for 2008 - 2010, providing solution to the problems in the real estate market, the agency reports.