Now viewing: All news
- Proton-M, Russian satellites Glonass-M launched from BaikonurThe rocket carrier Proton-M with the Russian satellites Glonass-M were successfully launched from Baikonur, the agency reports citing the press service of Hrunichev Cosmic Scientific-Plant.
- Nazarbayev handed over apartments' keys to Second World War veteransThe President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, today in Astana akimat in solemn conditions handed over apartments' keys to the veterans of the Second World War and the workers of social sphere to improve their living conditions, the agency reports
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for December 26:
- Dear subscribers,Due to a short vacation of the editor-in-chief of the English version, our subscription will be suspended until December 5, 2009.
- KazPrime indicator decreased by 37 items and totaled 12.00 % annualFollowing the results of fixing at the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange (KASE) on December 25, value of KazPrime indicator increased by 37 items and totaled 12.00 % annual, the agency reports.
- Parlaiment passed amendments to Law on Employment and Social AssistanceParlaiment passed amendments to Law on Employment and Social Assistance
- Independent mass media to address PresidentThe chairman of the International Fund for the Protection of Freedom of Speech Adil Soz, Tamara Kaleeva, before the beginning of the round table concerning reforming of Mass Media Legislation said that independent mass media plan to address the President with the request to veto the amendments to the Law on Mass Media, the agency reports.
- Oil prices in world market gone downThe prices of oil in the world market, following the results of the tenders on December, 24th, 2008, at the leading oil stock exchanges have significantly gone down, the agency reports with reference to RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).
- Nazarbayev visited military unit in AstanaThe Supreme Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of Kazakhstan - the President of the country, Nursultan Nazarbayev, visited the capital military unit 68665 and congratulated soldiers-commandoes on New Year, the agency reports with reference to the press service of the Ministry of Defense.
- Parliament passed amendments to Gambling LegislationThe deputies of the Senate of Parliament of Kazakhstan at the plenary session today passed in the first reading the bill on introduction of amendments and additions to Acts on Gambling," the agency reports.
- Volume of extraction of affiliated companies KazMunaiGas to reach 9.141 million tons in 2009In 2009 volume of extraction of affiliated companies JSC Exploration & Extraction, according to the approved budget of the company, is planned to be at the level of 9.141 million tons (184.32 thousand barrels a day), KazMunaiGas press service informs.
- China Development Bank to increase line of credit by $300 millionThe State Development Bank of China (China Development Bank) will increase the line of credit for Development Bank of Kazakhstan (DBK) by $300 million, the agency reports with reference to the press service of the bank.
- State commission made a decision on launch of rocket Proton-MThe State commission at Baikonur made a decision on launch of the rocket Proton-M with the space satellites Glonass-M, the agency reports with reference to Roskosmos press service.
- Kazahturkmunai decreased oil extraction by 26.9 thousand tonsThe joint venture of the Open Company Kazahturkmunai, following the results of January - November, 2008 in the deposits U-B and S-B Saztube, Western Elemes, located in Beneu region, Mangistau oblast, has extracted 79 thousand 578 tons of oil that is less than during the similar period of 2007 by 26 thousand 896 tons, the regional akimat informed the agency.
- Volumes of extraction of gas and oil decreased in Uzen depositKazMunaiGas JSC with its affiliated company OzenMunaiGas extracted 6 million 036 thousand 650 tons of oil in Uzen deposit, following the results of 11 months 2008, that is by 123 thousand 400 tons less than during the similar period of 2007 (6 million 160 thousand 050 tons), the Regional Department of Business and Industry informed the agency.
- World Islamic League to open regional office in AstanaThe Secretary General of the World Islamic League, Abdalla ben Abdel Muhsin At-Turki, informed during the meeting with the Ambassador of Kazakhstan, Kayrat Lama Sharif on December, 23rd, 2008 in Riyadh that the World Islamic League plans to open in Astana its regional office next year, the agency reports citing the press service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan.
- Political parties of Kazakhstan united requirements to amend election legislationThe leaders of six parties of Kazakhstan informed that the political parties of Kazakhstan have united their requirements to amend the election legislation in Kazakhstan, the agency reports.
- Majilis approved amendments to bill on activity of Islamic BankingThe deputies of Majilis of Parliament at the plenary session on Wednesday in the second reading passed the bill on introduction of amendments and additions to the acts related to organization and activity of Islamic Banking and the organization of Islamic Financing, the agency reports.
- World market of nickel in uncertain situationThe world market of nickel is in an uncertain and rather inconsistent situation with alternate price fluctuations.
- Teheran hosted meeting of Economy Ministers of ECO countriesTeheran hosted the third meeting of Ministers of Economy and Finance of the Economic Cooperation Organization member states on December 21-23, the agency reports citing the press service of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan.