Now viewing: All news
- Manufacture of gasoline decreased by 14.3 %Manufacture of motor fuel (gasoline, including aviation) decreased by 14.3 % up to 583.6 thousand tons in January - March, 2009 in the Republic, the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan informed.
- Nazarbayev received Honorary Rank of Hainan CitizenThe President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, became the first foreign leader who has received Honorary Rank of Hainan Citizen, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- Assets of JSC Savings Bank grew by 68.6 %The assets of JSC Savings Bank for 2008 have grown by 68.6 % and have amounted to, as of January, 1st, 2009, 97 534 922 thousand KZT, the agency reports citing the financial statement of the bank published on the site of the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange (KASE).
- Quotations of basic grades of oil increasedQuotations of the basic grades of oil, following the results of the tenders on Thursday, increased, the agency reports citing the group of companies OMT-Consult.
- Volume of extraction of crude oil in January - March increased by 4.7 %Volume of extraction of crude oil (natural mixture of hydrocarbons), including oil received from minerals bituminous increased in January - March, 2009 by 4.7 % and totaled 15 116.6 thousand tons, the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan informed.
- Arcelor Mittal increased financing of social programsJSC Arcelor Mittal Temirtau increased financing of social programs of the enterprise, the press service of the company informed the agency.
- Volume of coal mining in January - March, 2009 decreased by 17.5 %Volume of coal mining in January - March, 2009 decreased by 17.5 % and totaled 24 361.6 thousand tons, the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan informed.
- 2 thousand workplaces to be created during construction of Koksaray counterregulatorMore than 2 thousand workplaces will be created during construction of Koksaray counterregulator and more than 30 workplaces - during its operation. Vice Minister of Emergency Department, Valery Petrov, informed at the meeting of the Ministry of Emergency of Kazakhstan, the agency reports.
- Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan agreed on creation of Asian Disaster Reduction CenterDuring the second advisory meeting taken place on Wednesday and Thursday, April 15-16th, 2009, in Almaty, Vice Ministers and chairmen of structural divisions of the central body of the ministries and departments of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Tajikistan, agreed on creation of Central Asian Disaster Reduction Center, the agency reports citing the press service of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA).
- 40 people died, 60 injured in Afghanistan earthquakePowerful 5.5 magnitude earthquake occurred in Afghanistan, near Kabul. The earthquake repeated in two hours, the agency reports citing television channel Vesti.
- USA hopes to sign agreement on transit of non-military cargoes to AfghanistanThe United States of America hopes to sign the agreement with Turkmenistan on transit through the territory of this country of non-military cargoes to Afghanistan. American Assistant State Secretary, Richard Baucher, said in Ashkhabad, the agency reports citing RIA RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).
- China to allocate to Kazakhstan $10 billionChina will allocate to Kazakhstan $10 billion. Half of these funds will be directed to oil-and-gas sector of Kazakhstan. This arrangement was reached yesterday in Beijing by the President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev during his state visit to the Peoples Republic of China, the agency reports citing Habar agency.
- Export-Import Bank of China grants $100 million loanThe Export-Import Bank of China and JSC Development Bank of Kazakhstan signed the agreement on granting the preferential demand credit line on April, 16th, 2009 in Beijing. The agreement was signed during the state visit of the President of the Republic Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, to the Chinese National Republic, the agency reports citing Development Bank of Kazakhstan.
- 40 young scientists won monetary grants of Fund of First President40 young scientists won monetary grants of Fund of First President
- Uzbekistan not plan to leave CSTO structureUzbekistan does not plan to leave the structure of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO). The CSTO Secretary General, Nikolay Bordyuzha, informed during the briefing taken place in Yerevan, RIA RosBusinessConsulting informs citing Arminfo.
- SCO exercises Norak-Antiterror-2009 began in TajikistanJoint command-staff antiterrorist exercises of the member countries of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Norak-Antiterror-2009 began in Tajikistan today on the range Fahrabad Hatlo garrison, the agency reports citing Tajik mass media.
- 16 thousand people injured in China earthquakeMore than 16 thousand people were injured in China as a result of the earthquake happened on April, 14th in Eryuan district of Yunnan Province (Southwest China), the agency reports citing Xinhua.
- Kelimbetov - candidate in election to Supervisory CouncilThe Supervisory Council of the Savings Bank of Russia has included Kayrat Kelimbetov candidature in the list for election to the structure of the council, the press service of the Savings Bank of the Russian Federation informed the agency.
- Kazakhtelecom, Huawei Technologies signed cooperation agreementJSC Kazakhtelecom and Huawei Technologies signed cooperation agreement during in Beijing during the visit of the head of the state, Nursultan Nazarbayev, to the Peoples Republic of China, the agency reports citing the press service of the company.