Now viewing: All news
- VIII Eurasian Media Forum finished its workVIII Eurasian Media Forum finished its work, the agency reports. The forum lasted for two days. The delegates during the forum discussed vital topics of nowadays. The world financial crisis was the central theme of the forum.
- President signed bill of ratification of document of cooperation of CIS frontier departmentsThe head of the state, Nursultan Nazarbayev, signed the Law on Ratification of the Protocol on organization of cooperation of boundary and other departments of the CIS member states in rendering assistance in liquidation of crisis situations on the external borders, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- President Obama should be god to justify all hopesThe President Obama should be god to justify all the hopes connected with him. Director of National Association of International Researches of China, Victor Gao, stated at VIII Eurasian Media Forum today, the agency reports.
- Unbiased coverage of practical work meets interests of all CIS statesOne of the primary goals of the bodies of information sphere and mass media, regarding development of multilateral cooperation and increase of efficiency of the Commonwealth of Independent States, is rendering the qualified information support to the CIS development processes. Unbiased interpretation of the practical work conducted in the Commonwealth meets the interests of all CIS member states.
- Mechanism of state control over nationalized enterprises to be developedThe President of the company of expert consultation Neogame, Michael Hazin, at VIII Eurasian Media Forum (EAMF) in Almaty stated that the mechanism of state control over the nationalized enterprises needs to be developed, the agency reports.
- The longer the USA is in Afghanistan, the more America will be weakeningThe longer the USA is in Afghanistan, the more America will be weakening. Ex-Permanent Representative of the USA to the United Nations, ex-Ambassador of the USA to Iraq and Afghanistan, Zalmay Halilzad, stated today in Almaty during VIII Eurasian Media Forum (EAMF), the agency reports.
- EurAsEC participants to join three countries of Customs UnionOther participants of the Eurasian Economic Community (EurAsEC) will join three countries of the Customs Union - Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan. The Prime Minister of the Russian Federation, Vladimir Putin, stated at the session of the government presidium, the agency reports citing the Internet portal of the Russian Federation government.
- Kazakhstan refused to participate in NATO exercises in territory of GeorgiaKazakhstan has refused to participate in NATO exercises in the territory of Georgia planned for May of 2009. The Ambassador of Kazakhstan to Russia, Abilbek Dzhaksybekov, informed during the round table in Moscow, the agency reports citing RBC.
- Economy of Kazakhstan cannot avoid recessionThe economy of Kazakhstan cannot avoid recession. Independent Director of JSC Company National-Analytical Centre at the government and National Bank of Kazakhstan, Arystan Esentugelov, stated at the conference organized by People's Democratic Party Nur Otan, the agency reports.
- Control over quality of construction of capital objects to be strengthenedControl over quality of construction of the capital objects and observance of all fire safety measures need to be strengthened. The President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, informed during the meeting concerning development of Astana, the agency reports citing the message of the president's press service.
- Eurasian Union integration - way out of system crisisEurasian Union integration is the only way out of the system crisis. The participant of VIII Eurasian Media Forum, Doctor of Political Sciences, Professor of the Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, Igor Panarin, stated in the interview, the agency reports.
- 454.1 thousand tons of Tengiz oil to be transported through BTC pipe line454.1 thousand tons of Tengiz oil was transported through the oil pipeline Baku - Tbilisi - Ceyhan in January - March, 2009, the State Statistical Committee of Azerbaijan informed the agency.
- 250 houses are destroyed by earthquake in Sintszjan257 houses have been destroyed as a result of the earthquake occurred on April, 22nd in the suburbs of the city of Atushi that is in 1400 kilometers from Urumchi, an administrative centre of Sintszjan-Uigur independent area of China, the agency reports citing Xinhua.
- Kazakhstan expects to become European Union memberKazakhstan expects to become a member of the European Union. The Ambassador of Kazakhstan to Russia, Adilbek Dzhaksybekov, informed in Moscow during the round table 'Kazakhstan Program: Way to Europe', the agency reports citing RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).
- Nazarbayev noted slow rate of development of funds for support to small and medium businessThe head of the state, Nursultan Nazarbayev, noted slow rate of development of the funds allocated for support to small and medium business in Astana. The leader of the state stated during the meeting concerning development of Astana on Thursday, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- Financial police received additional powersKazakhstan Agency for Struggle against Economic and Corruption Criminality (financial police) has received additional powers. The powers of financial police will be expanded according to the decree of the President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, on additional measures for strengthening of struggle against criminality and corruption and further improvement of the law-enforcement activity in Kazakhstan published on Thursday in official mass media, the agency reports.
- USA invited Nazarbayev to take part in International ConferenceThe American Vice President, Joseph Biden, invited the President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, to take part in the International Conference on Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- Nazarbayev signed amendments to Law on HolidaysThe President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, signed the amendments to Law on Holidays, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- World prices for oil increasedThe world prices for oil, following the results of the auctions on Thursday, increased, the agency reports citing RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for April 24: