Now viewing: All news
- Kazakhstan, Belarus and Russia coordinated 88 % of documentsKazakhstan, Belarus and Russia have coordinated 88 % of documents within the limits of creation of the Customs Union. The Secretary General of the Eurasian Economic Community (EurAsEC), Tair Mansurov, informed during the meeting with the President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- Russia plans to use territory of Kazakhstan for transit of cargoes from ChinaRussia intends to use the territory of Kazakhstan for transit of cargoes from China, the agency reports citing Russian news agency Regnum.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for May 15:
- JSC Kazatomprom assets grown by 4.3 %In I quarter 2009 the assets of JSC Company Kazatomprom have grown by 4.3 % and have been 358 710 211 thousand KZT, the agency reports citing the consolidated balance sheet as of March, 31st, 2009.
- NATO invited Kazakhstan to take part in peace-making operation in AfghanistanNorth Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) has officially invited Kazakhstan to take part in peace-making operation for restoration of Afghanistan. NATO Secretary General's Special Representative for the Caucasus and Central Asia, Robert Simmons, informed, the agency reports citing Independent newspaper.
- Kyrgyzstan elected to UN Council for Human RightsElections of 18 new members of the Council of the United Nations for Human Rights took place in the UN headquarters in New York during the 63rd session of the UN General Assembly. Kyrgyzstan has been elected one of the members of the UN Council, the agency reports citing the press service of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Kyrgyzstan.
- Industry Ministry created list of domestic manufacturers for realization of socially-significant programs
Industry Ministry created list of domestic manufacturers for realization of socially-significant programsThe Ministry of Industry and Commerce created the list of domestic manufacturers for realization of socially-significant programs. The Responsible Secretary of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce of Kazakhstan, Vyacheslav Sovetsky, informed during the republican meeting on problems of small and medium business on Tuesday, the agency reports.
- KazTransOil increased volume of transportation of oil by 4.6 %JSC KazTransOil in January - April, 2009 in comparison with the similar period of 2008 has increased volume of oil transportation by 4.6 %, the agency reports citing the press service of the company.
- Price for oil exceeded $60 per barrelThe world market prices for oil have remained high: at the last tenders June future for Light Sweet Crude Oil at New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) was $59.42 per barrel and at the tenders its cost, for the first time for the last half a year, has exceeded $60 per barrel.
- Nur Otan proposes to name international airport of Astana after N. NazarbayevThe People's Democratic Party Nur Otan proposes to name the international airport of Astana after Nursultan Nazarbayev. First Vice President of Nur Otan Party, Darhan Kaletaev, said answering journalists' questions of the television channel Astana on Wednesday, May, 13th, the agency reports.
- Parliament ratified amendments to Kazakhstan-American agreement on dismantling of ICBM mine launchers
Parliament ratified amendments to Kazakhstan-American agreement on dismantling of ICBM mine launchersThe Senate of Parliament of Kazakhstan passed the law on ratification of the amendment to the Agreement between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the United States of America concerning dismantling of mine launchers of Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles (ICBM), liquidation of emergencies and prevention of proliferation of nuclear weapons, the agency reports.
- World market prices for wheat grewThe world market prices for wheat have grown. June future quotations on soft wheat SRW at the last tenders at the Chicago stock exchange (Chicago Board of Trade - СВОТ) were 582 cents per bushel ($213.7 for a ton).
- No cases of disease of influenza A (H1N1) registered in KazakhstanNo cases of disease of influenza A (H1N1) registered in Kazakhstan
- World market prices of zinc increaseFollowing the results of the last month, the prices in the world market of zinc have gone up. The average price of this metal at the London Metal Exchange (LME) at the last tenders went up again.
- State Secretary held meeting with UN Special Rapporteur on TortureThe State Secretary of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Kanat Saudabayev, met in Akorda the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture, Manfred Novak, during his visit to Kazakhstan, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- Two hundred dead seals found at Kazakhstan coast of Caspian SeaTwo hundred dead seals found at Kazakhstan coast of Caspian Sea
- President of Korea supports cooperation in alternative energyThe President of Korea, Lee Myung-bak, supports cooperation with Kazakhstan in alternative energy sphere, the agency reports.
- World prices for oil gone downThe world prices for oil, following the results of the tenders on Wednesday, have gone down, the agency reports citing RIA RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).