Now viewing: All news
- US NNSA declared of disposal of 73 kg nuclear fuel wastes from KazakhstanThe National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) of the USA declared on disposal of 73.7 kg (162.5 pounds) of nuclear fuel wastes made of highly enriched uranium (HEU) of the Russian origin from Kazakhstan, the agency reports citing the press service of the American Embassy.
- Prime Minister assigned Atameken to gather information on investment projectsThe Prime Minister of Kazakhstan, Karim Masimov, during the congress of businessmen of Kazakhstan assigned the management of the National Economic Chamber Soyuz Atameken to gather information on investment projects in Kazakhstan for the purpose of further realization of the project of creating the plan of rational accommodation of capacities, the agency reports.
- Kazakhstan to overcome crisis first among CIS countriesKazakhstan will be the first among the CIS countries to overcome the crisis. The chairman of the board of JSC Company Fund of National Welfare Samruk-Kazyna, Kayrat Kelimbetov, said today during the fifth international PR-forum, the agency reports.
- Volume of construction works in January - April, 2009 reduced by 8.6 %Volume of construction works in Kazakhstan in January - April, 2009 in comparison with the similar period of the last year was reduced by 8.6 % and has been 337.6 billion KZT, the agency reports citing the monthly report of the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for May 21:
- Investors from Saudi Arabia expressed interest to work in KazakhstanInvestors from Saudi Arabia wish to work in Kazakhstan within the limits of a free economic zone model. The Ambassador of Kazakhstan to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kayrat Lama-Sharif informed during Kazakhstan-Saudi Arabian business-forum in Astana on Monday, the agency reports.
- Kazakhstan as OSCE chairman can play intermediary role between Western Europe and USAKazakhstan on the post of the chairman in Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) can play an intermediary role between Western Europe and the USA and the interests of Russia. The chairman of the German nongovernmental organization Eurasian Transit Group (ETG), an expert on Central Asia, Michael Laubsch, informed, the agency reports citing Deutsche Welle.
- Kyrgyzstan approved application of Belarus and Sri Lanka for SCO dialogue partner statusKyrgyzstan approved the application of Belarus and Sri Lanka for the SCO dialogue partners status. The National Coordinator of SCO from Kyrgyzstan, Tolendy Makeev, informed at the press conference in Bishkek, the agency reports.
- KazAgroFinance to direct 19 billion KZT for purchase of agricultural machineryKazAgroFinance plans to direct 19 billion 200 million KZT for purchase of agricultural machinery in 2009, the agency reports citing the press service of JSC Company KazAgroFinance.
- Debt re-structuring plan of BTA Bank to be given to creditors and investors in JuneDebt re-structuring plan of BTA Bank will be given to creditors and investors in the beginning of June. The chairman of the board of JSC Company Fund of National Welfare Samruk-Kazyna, Kayrat Kelimbetov, informed today during the fifth international PR-forum, the agency reports.
- ArcelorMittal Temirtau may suspend its workJSC Company ArcelorMittal Temirtau is experiencing serious financial difficulties, which can cause partial or full suspension of its activities and laying off of employees, the agency reports citing the message of the press service of the company.
- Introduction of official system to provide population with effective medical productsIntroduction of official system to provide population with effective medical products
- Medvedev to meet SCO Secretaries of Security CouncilsThe President of the Russian Federation, Dmitry Medvedev, will meet Secretaries of Security Councils of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) member countries, the agency reports citing the official site of the President of Russia.
- TengizChevroil to extract 24 million tons of oilTengizChevroil expects to extract in 2009 24 million tons of oil, TengizChevroil press service informed the agency.
- Chairman of Civil Aircraft Committee appointedThe chairman of Committee of Civil Aircraft of the Ministry of Transport and Communications has been appointed, the agency reports citing the Ministry of Transport.
- Nazarbayev met Minister of Internal AffairsThe head of the state, Nursultan Nazarbayev, held the meeting with the Minister of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan, Serik Baymaganbetov, on Tuesday, the agency reports citing the message of the president's press service.
- Government approved list of exchange goodsThe government of Kazakhstan passed the decree of May, 6th of 2009, №638 on the list of exchange goods, the agency reports citing official mass media.
- TengizChevroil in I quarter 2009 increased oil extraction by 20.9 %Open Company TengizChevroil in I quarter of 2009 increased its oil extraction by 20.9 %, the press release widespread by Public Relations Department states.
- 410 million KZT allocated for CARICC development410 million KZT has been allocated for development of Central Asian Regional Information Coordination Center (CARICC) in the struggle against trans-border criminality connected to illegal drug trafficking, psychotropic substances and their precursors. The Minister of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan, Serik Baymaganbetov, informed during the government session on Tuesday.
- World prices for oil increasedThe world prices for oil, following the results of the tenders on Tuesday have increased, the agency reports citing RIA RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).