Now viewing: All news
- Kazakhstan expresses concern in connection with North Korean test of nuclear weaponsKazakhstan is concerned about test of nuclear weapons conducted by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), the agency reports citing the statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan.
- 18 health facilities to be constructed in 2009Construction of 18 health facilities will be completed this year as part of the '100 schools, 100 hospitals' program. Vice Minister of Health of Kazakhstan, Elzhan Birtanov, informed during weekly briefing, the agency reports.
- State Commission approved main crew of spacecraft Soyuz TMA-15The State Commission approved the crew of the manned spacecraft Soyuz TMA-15 that will be launched to the International Space Station (ISS) from Baikonur, the agency reports citing Roscosmos press service.
- Kazakhstan's foreign trade turnover decreased by 38.8%Foreign trade turnover of Kazakhstan in the 1st quarter of 2009 totaled $ 14 billion and as compared to the same period of 2008 decreased by 38.8%, the monthly report of the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan informed.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for May 27:
- Knowledge of three languages - perfect opportunity to unite societyKnowledge of three languages - perfect opportunity to unite the society. The OSCE High Commissioner on National Minorities, Knut Vollebek said at the seminar 'Legal Maintenance of Social Integration in Multicultural Society', the agency reports.
- Almaty hosted international scientific conference devoted to Customs Union prospectsAl - Farabi Kazakh National University in Almaty hosted the international scientific-practical conference 'Prospects for Creation of Customs Union of Russia, Kazakhstan, and Belarus', the agency reports citing the National University press service.
- Interethnic concord to be another priority during chairmanship of Kazakhstan in OSCEInterethnic concord to be another priority during chairmanship of Kazakhstan in OSCE
- Relocation of residents of worn-out houses to be provided under state housing programVice Prime Minister of Kazakhstan, Serik Akhmetov, at the government meeting today said relocation of the residents of the worn-out houses will be provided under the state program on housing development.
- Accounts Committee of Kazakhstan named ministries that inefficiently used budget fundsThe Accounts Committee of Kazakhstan named a number of ministries and departments that used budgetary funds inefficiently in 2008, the agency reports citing the press service of the Accounts Committee of Kazakhstan for Control over Execution of the Republican Budget.
- News agency France-Press opened its office in KazakhstanThe news agency France-Press has opened its office in Kazakhstan, the agency reports citing the TV channel Khabar.
- Volume of water in Toktogul reservoir increased by 2 million cubic metersVolume of water in the Toktogul water reservoir in Kyrgyzstan within a day increased by 2 million cubic meters, but did not reach last year's indicators, the agency reports citing the press service of JSC Power Plants.
- Government approved concept of modernization of housing and communal servicesThe government approved the concept of modernization and development of housing and communal services of Kazakhstan and integrated plan for the 2010 - 2014. The Cabinet of Ministers made the decision at the government meeting today, the agency reports.
- Unified National Test to be held for seven daysThe Minister of Education and Science of Kazakhstan, Zhanseit Tuymebaev, informed at the government meeting today that this year the Unified National Test (UNT) will be held for seven days, the agency reports.
- Kazkommertsbank Board of Directors undergone changesThe Board of Directors of Kazkommertsbank has undergone changes, the agency reports citing the press service of Kazkommertsbank.
- Investment into fixed capital in January - April increased by 14.9%Investments into fixed capital in Kazakhstan, in January - April 2009, amounted to 978 billion 113 million KZT, which is by 14.9% more than in January - April 2008 (851 billion 333 million KZT), the monthly report of the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan informed.
- Frontier post Terisakkan put into operation at Kazakh-Russian borderFrontier post Terisakkan was put into operation at the Kazakh-Russian border of Aktobe border unit of the regional department Batys of KNB frontier Service of Kazakhstan, the agency reports citing KNB press service.
- CIS experts to discuss struggle against corruptionThe meeting of the expert group on harmonization of the draft agreement on cooperation of the CIS member states in struggle against corruption will take place in the CIS Executive Committee in Minsk on May 26 - 27, the agency reports citing the press service of the CIS Executive Committee.
- Almaty to host international events in framework of OSCE chairmanship of KazakhstanAlmaty will host international events on May 26 - 27th in the framework of the forthcoming presidency of Kazakhstan in the OSCE. The official representative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan, Yerzhan Ashikbayev, informed during Monday's briefing, the agency reports.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs to take part in forum Three EU- CA states in DushanbeThe Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan, Marat Tazhin, will take part in the forum European Union (EU) Big Three - the Central Asian countries, which will pass in Dushanbe on May 29-30th. The official representative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan, Yerzhan Ashikbayev, informed during Monday's briefing, the agency reports.