Now viewing: All news
- Majilis passed amendments to legislation on death penaltyToday at the plenary session deputies of Majilis of Parliament of Kazakhstan in the second reading passed the bill on amendments and additions to some of the acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan concerning death penalty, the agency reports.
- World market prices of aluminium stabilizedThe world market prices of aluminium stabilized. The stocks of aluminium in the warehouses controllable by the London Metal Exchange (LME) increased.
- Spacecraft Soyuz TMA-15 launched from BaikonurThe spacecraft Soyuz TMA-15 with the crew of the 20th basic expedition was launched from the cosmodrome Baikonur today at 16.34 Astana time to the International Space Station (ISS), the agency reports citing Roscosmos press service.
- Check points on Kyrgyzstan-Chinese border temporarily closedCheck points on the Kyrgyzstan-Chinese state border have been temporarily closed, the agency reports citing the press service of Boundary Service of Kyrgyzstan.
- EurAsEC anti-recessionary fund to begin its work in 2009EurAsEC anti-recessionary fund will begin its work in the middle of 2009. The President of the Russian Federation, Dmitry Medvedev, said on Tuesday at the meeting with Vice Prime Minister - Minister of Finance of the Russian Federation, Alexey Kudrin, the agency reports citing ITAR-TASS.
- Outburst of influenza A (H1N1) occurred in British schoolOutburst of the influenza A (H1N1) occurred in one of the schools of Birmingham, the agency reports citing RIA RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for May 28:
- American telecommunication satellite Sirius FM5 delivered to BaikonurThe plane An-124 Ruslan had landed at Yubileyny airport of the Baikonur cosmodrome on May, 26th at 10.10 Astana time, which delivered the American telecommunication satellite Sirius FM5 to the cosmodrome (Radiosat 5, Sirius-Radio FM-5), the agency reports citing Roscosmos press service.
- Territory of former Semipalatinsk nuclear range to be used for economic needsTerritory of former Semipalatinsk nuclear range to be used for economic needs
- Bank CenterCredit opened its representation in KievJSC Company Bank CenterCredit opened its representation in Kiev, the agency reports citing the press service of the bank.
- Process of creation of CRRF to be discussed in MoscowThe meeting of the Council of Ministers of Defense of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) will take place on June, 3rd in Moscow, the agency reports citing the press service of the CSTO Secretariat. According to the press service, the project of the agenda includes about twenty questions.
- Kazakhstan, China created joint fund of investments for financing of projects in non-raw sectorsThe constituent documents on creation of the Kazakhstan-Chinese fund of direct investments (CITIC-Kazyna Investment Fund) with total capitalization of $200 million were signed in Beijing on Tuesday during the visit of the chairperson of the board of JSC Company Fund of National Welfare Samruk-Kazyna, Kayrat Kelimbetov, to China, the agency reports citing the official mass media.
- Boeing 757 made emergency landing at international airport of AstanaBoeing 757 made an emergency landing at the international airport of Astana because of depressurization of the airplane. There are neither victims nor injured people, the agency reports citing the press service of the Ministry of Emergency of Kazakhstan.
- Government lifted duties on import of some goodsThe government of Kazakhstan passed the decree of May, 15th, 2009 №732 on amendments to the government decree of December, 28th, 2007 №1317 on custom duties and commodity nomenclature of foreign trade activities of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the agency reports citing the official mass media.
- Prices in world market of tin roseThe prices in the world market of tin have increased. The average price of this metal at the London Metal Exchange (LME) at the last tenders increased. Stocks of tin in the warehouses controllable LME, for the last month, increased.
- Regulation system in language sphere - necessary factor for building of multinational stateSuccessful regulation system in language sphere - the necessary factor for construction of the flourishing multinational state. The OSCE Supreme Commissioner on National Minorities, Knut Vollebek, stated during the seminar 'Legislative Maintenance of Social Integration in Multinational Society' on Tuesday, the agency reports.
- Government cut down expenses of KazCosmos by 3 billion KZTThe government of Kazakhstan passed the decree of May, 14th, 2009 №723 on amendments to the government decree of Kazakhstan of October, 23rd, 2008 №1216 on the strategic plan of National Space Agency for 2009 - 2011, the agency reports citing the official mass media.
- World prices for oil increasedThe world prices for oil, following the results of the tenders on Tuesday, increased, the agency reports citing RIA RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).
- Population of Kazakhstan in April 2009 amounted to 15.828 million peopleThe population of Kazakhstan, as of April 1, 2009, amounted to 15 million 828.1 thousand people, the monthly report of the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan states.
- Most of VII Winter Asian Games in 2011 to be commissioned in third quarter of 2010Most of VII Winter Asian Games 2011 will be commissioned in the third quarter of 2010, the agency reports citing the press service of the Ministry of Tourism and Sports.
- OSCE High Commissioner supported idea to strengthen role of national minorities in ParliamentThe OSCE High Commissioner on National Minorities, Knut Vollebek, supported the initiative of the President of Kazakhstan to strengthen the role of minorities in Parliament. He made this statement today during the seminar 'Legal Maintenance of Social Integration in Multicultural Society', the agency reports.