Now viewing: All news
- CSTO joint complex exercises to be held on scheduleThe joint complex exercises of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) will be held precisely according to the schedule. The CSTO Secretary General, Nikolay Bordyuzha, informed, the agency reports citing the press service of the CSTO Secretariat.
- Kazakhstan to increase investments into agricultureKazakhstan will increase investments into agriculture. Today, the President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, informed during his working trip to the Northern Kazakhstan area, the agency reports citing official mass media.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for August 22, 23, 24:
- New head of Kazakhstan Engineering appointedMarat Muhamediyarov has been appointed President of JSC National Company Kazakhstan Engineering, the agency reports citing the company's press service.
- BTA Bank undergone personnel changesJSC BTA Bank has undergone personnel changes, the agency reports citing Kazakhstan Stock Exchange (KASE).
- CSTO postponed exercises to be held in Kazakhstan on August 26The postponed exercises of the Collective Rapid Response Forces of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CRRF CSTO) will begin on August 26, the agency reports citing newspaper Kommersant.
- Kazakhstan is reliable and exemplary partner in nuclear disarmament sphereKazakhstan is a reliable and an exemplary partner in the sphere of non-proliferation of nuclear weapons. Director of IAEA European Division, Manash Salem, stated during the meeting of the President of JSC Kazatomprom, Vladimir Shkolnik, with IAEA representatives, the agency reports citing Kazatomprom press service.
- Nazarbayev arrived in Northern Kazakhstan areaThe President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, arrived for a working trip to the Northern Kazakhstan area, the agency reports.
- Food Corporation to purchase grain crop of 2009 at $165 per tonFood Corporation to purchase grain crop of 2009 at $165 per ton
- MIGA Executive Vice President to visit KazakhstanThe Executive Vice President of the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), Izumi Kobayashi, providing guarantees against political risks of the World Bank Group will visit Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Georgia in the end of August, 2009, the agency reports citing MIGA.
- Manufacture of automobiles decreasedManufacture of automobiles has decreased in January - July, 2009 in the Republic, Statistics Agency informed.
- Prices for uranium on spot market gone downAccording to the consulting companies TradeTech Uranium Information and The Ux Consulting Company, for the last month, the price market of oxide uranium (U3O8) on spot market have gone down.
- Creation of space branch of Kazakhstan can be executed in cooperation with RussiaCreation of space branch of Kazakhstan can be executed in close cooperation with Russia. The chairman of National Space Agency of Kazakhstan, Talgat Musabaev, said during the meeting with the head of Federal Space Agency of Russia, Anatoly Perminov, the agency reports citing official mass media.
- OIC Secretary General called upon 57 Muslim countries to support initiative of President of Kazakhstan
OIC Secretary General called upon 57 Muslim countries to support initiative of President of KazakhstanOIC Secretary General on August 20 addressed all Muslim member countries of the organization with the request to support the initiative of the President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, to declare on August 29 International Day of Refusal from Nuclear Weapons, the agency reports citing the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan.
- CSTO plenipotentiaries considered projects of documents on CRRF formationThe permanent plenipotentiaries of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) considered the projects of documents on order of formation and functioning of Collective Rapid Response Forces (CRRF), the agency reports citing CSTO Secretariat press service.
- Price of OPEC oil basket gone up by almost 2.5 %The price of OPEC oil basket has gone up by almost 2.5 % and for the first time this week has exceeded $70 per barrel, the agency reports citing an information-analytical portal Neft Rossii.
- In January - July manufacture and distribution of electric power decreased by 6.1 %In January - July, 2009, manufacture and distribution of electric power in Kazakhstan decreased by 6.1 % to 652.2 thousand kW-h, Statistics Agency informed.