Now viewing: All news
- Gasoline manufacture decreased in January - September by 1.5 %Manufacture of motor fuel (gasoline, including aviation) has decreased by 1.5 % down to 1880.6 thousand tons in Kazakhstan in January - September, 2009, the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan informed.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for October 16:
- Uzbekistan leaves uniform electro power system on October 17Uzbekistan is leaving the uniform electropower system on October 17, 2009, JSC Kazakhstan Electricity Grid Operating Company(KEGOC) press service informed the agency.
- Government confirmed list of emergency services numbersThe government of Kazakhstan confirmed the list of telephone numbers of medical, law-enforcement, fire, emergency, and other services, the agency reports citing government's order of Kazakhstan of September 24, 2009 №1436 on the amendments to the government's order of Kazakhstan of September 3, 2004 №929 published in official press on October 15.
- Agreement on increase of capacity of Kazakhstan-Chinese oil pipeline signed in BeijingThe agreement on increase of the capacity of the Kazakhstan-Chinese oil pipeline up to 20 million tons a year was signed in Beijing, the agency reports citing the press service of prime minister of Kazakhstan.
- EurAsEC countries approved project of concept of program Health of PeopleThe EurAsEC member states today in Astana during VII session of the Council of Public Health Services of EurAsEC Integration Committee signed the project of the interstate concept of the program Health of People of EurAsEC countries, the agency reports.
- Extraction of crude oil increased by 9 %Extraction of crude oil (natural mix of hydrocarbons) in January - September, 2009 in the Republic increased by 9 %, including oil received from bituminous minerals, the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan informed.
- Coal mining decreased by 13.3 %Volume of coal mining in Kazakhstan in January - September, 2009 decreased by 13.3 %, the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan informed.
- Presidents of CSTO states expected to arrive in AlmatyThe Presidents of Armenia, Serzh Sargsyan, Kyrgyzstan, Kurmanbek Bakiev, Russia, Dmitry Medvedev, Tajikistan, Emomali Rahmon, and the Minister of Defense of Belarus, Leonid Maltsev, are expected to arrive in Almaty to participate in CRRF CSTO exercises, the chairman of the press service of Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan, Ilyas Omarov, informed the agency.
- Kazakhstan to use SCO credit for financing of projects of Kazahmys and ENRC CorporationsKazakhstan plans to use the credit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) for financing of the projects of Kazahmys and ENRC Corporations. The chairman of the board of Samruk-Kazyna National Welfare Fund, Kayrat Kelimbetov, informed at the press conference on Monday, the agency reports.
- Russian President signed Laws on Ratification of SCO AgreementsThe President of the Russian Federation, Dmitry Medvedev, signed Federal Laws on Ratification of SCO Agreements, the agency reports citing the press service of the president of the Russian Federation.
- EurAsEC food security concept to be signed in December, 2009The prime ministers plan to sign EurAsEC food security concept in December, 2009. First Vice Minister for Foreign Affairs of Belarus, Igor Petrishenko, informed in Minsk at the opening of the sessions of permanent commissions of EurAsEC Inter-Parliamentary Assembly, the agency reports citing news agency BELTA.
- Kazakhstan requests Iran to speed up construction of railway Uzen - GorganKazakhstan has requested Iran to speed up construction of the railway Uzen - Gyzylgaya - Bereket - Etrek - Gorgan. The Prime Minister of Kazakhstan, Karim Masimov, informed in Beijing during the meeting with First Vice President of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Mohammad Reza Rahimi, on Wednesday, the agency reports citing the prime minister's press service.
- Soyuz-U rocket, Progress М-03М launched from BaikonurSoyuz-U rocket with the cargo space vehicle Progress М-03М were launched from the cosmodrome Baikonur, the agency reports citing the Russian Space Department press service.
- Customs Union final document to be signed at EurAsEC summit in NovemberThe Customs Union final document will be signed at the summit of the Eurasian Economic Community (EurAsEC) in November. The Prime Minister of Kazakhstan, Karim Masimov, informed in Beijing during the meeting with the Prime Minister of Russia, Vladimir Putin, on Wednesday, the agency reports citing official mass media.
- Nazarbayev signed amendments to Law on Legal Standard ActsThe head of state, Nursultan Nazarbayev, signed the Law on Amendments to the Law on Legal Standard Acts concerning carrying out of scientific anti-corruption examination, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- National currencies for trade settlements between SCO states to be considered in AlmatyThe question of use of national currencies for trade settlements between the SCO countries will be considered by the end of the year in Almaty at the meeting of Ministers of Finance and chairmen of Central Banks, the agency reports citing the prime minister's press service.
- World prices for oil gone upFollowing the results of the tenders on Wednesday, the world prices for oil, have gone up, the agency reports citing RIA RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).