Now viewing: All news
- Astana court left sentence concerning ex-minister of environmental protection unchangedThe city court of Astana has left the sentence concerning ex-minister of environmental protection of Kazakhstan, Nurlana Iskakov, unchanged. The lawyer of ex-minister, Ermek Bektasov, informed.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for December 16, 17, 18, 19, 20:
- Government confirmed list of diseases that requires nursing careThe government of Kazakhstan confirmed on November 26, 2009 the decision of №1938 on the list of categories of population that requires palliative and nursery care, the agency reports citing official mass media.
- $70 - $100 billion required for realization of industrialization program$70 - $100 billion required for realization of industrialization program
- Russia activates negotiations to join WTORussia activates negotiations to join World Trade Organization (WTO). The decision was made at the joint session of the government's commission for economic cooperation and the government commission of the Russian Federation for World Trade Organization and cooperation with the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), the agency reports citing the site of the government of the Russian Federation.
- Coal mining decreased by 10 % in January - November, 2009Coal mining in the Republic has decreased by 10% in January - November, 2009 in comparison with the similar period of 2008, the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan informed.
- Volume of total agricultural products in January - November, 2009 increased by 10.6 %Volume of gross agricultural production in January - November, 2009 in comparison with the similar period of the last year has increased by 10.6 % and has been 1482.7 billion KZT, the agency reports citing monthly statistical report.
- Prices in nickel world market in December increasedThe prices in the nickel world market in December increased. The average price of metal at the London Metal Exchange (LME) at the last tenders has gone up. Nickel stocks at LME warehouses for the last month increased.
- US Secretary of State congratulated Kazakhstan citizens on Independence DayThe US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, congratulated citizens of Kazakhstan on Independence Day, the agency reports citing the press service of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan.
- Kazakhstan not to lease China farmland but will create joint agricultural manufactureKazakhstan does not intend to lease China its land, but intends to create a joint agricultural manufacture. Vice Minister of Agriculture of Kazakhstan, Armand Evniev, said in an interview to journalists after the meeting concerning agriculture development, the agency reports.
- Kazakhstan and Russia discussed questions of military-technical cooperationKazakhstan and Russia discussed important questions of military-technical cooperation during the seventh session of the subcommittee on military-technical cooperation of the Kazakhstan-Russian Intergovernmental Cooperation Commission held in Kazakhstan, the agency reports citing the press service of the Russia's Federal Military Technical Cooperation Agency.
- Operatively-rescue division of Emergency Ministry included to CSTO CRRF structureAn operatively-rescue division of the Emergency Ministry of Kazakhstan has been included to the structure of the Collective Rapid Response Forces (CRRF) of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO). The Minister of Emergency of Kazakhstan, Vladimir Bozhko, informed on Monday during the governmental hour in Majilis of Parliament of Kazakhstan, the agency reports.
- Rocket Proton-M with block of space satellites Glonass-M launched from BaikonurThe rocket Proton-M with the block of space satellites Glonass-M was successfully launched from Baikonur, the agency reports citing RosCosmos press service.
- KazAgro in 2010 to provide financial support to agriculture developmentThe National Holding KazAgro in 2010 will provide financial support to agriculture development in the volume of more than 250 billion KZT. The chairman of the holding, Asylzhan Mamytbekov, informed on Monday during the republican meeting concerning agriculture, the agency reports.
- Informal meeting of CIS leaders to be held in AlmatyAn informal meeting of the leaders of the CIS member states will be held in Almaty this week, the agency reports citing the Ministry for Foreign Affairs press service.