Now viewing: All news
- $8 billion to be allocated for realization of industrial development program of Kazakhstan$8 billion will be allocated annually from the National Fund for realization of the industrial development program of Kazakhstan. The President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, informed at the plenary session of the Business Council, the agency reports.
- Especially protected natural territories occupy 8.2 % of KazakhstanThe especially protected natural territories in Kazakhstan occupy 8.2 % of the area of the country, the agency reports citing PR expert of Project UNDP/GEF Preservation In-situ Mountain Agrobiodiversity in Kazakhstan Lin Waldshmidt.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for February 27, 28 and March 1:
- Prime Minister noted that indicators of first two months of 2010 exceed forecastedThe Prime Minister of Kazakhstan, Karim Masimov, informed at the Council of Businessmen at President of Kazakhstan that the indicators of the first two months of 2010 have exceeded the forecasted indicators, the agency reports.
- Chinese engineers created soundproof material from latexThe new cheap and effective soundproof material was created by a team of engineers under the direction of Zhiyu Yang from the Hong Kong University of Sciences and Technology. Thin tiles can "stop" sounds in a wide range of frequencies, the agency reports citing Internet magazine Membrana (www.membrana.ru).
- Ambassador of Turkmenistan to Kazakhstan appointedMagtymguly Akmyradov has been appointed Plenipotentiary and Extraordinary Ambassador of Turkmenistan to Kazakhstan. The press service of the Turkmen president informs, the agency reports citing Turkmenistan.ru.
- Karachaganak Petroleum fined 3 billion KZT for infringement of nature protection legislationThe Office of Public Prosecutor of the Western Kazakhstan area has fined Karachaganak Petroleum Operating more than 3 billion KZT for infringement of the nature protection legislation, the agency reports citing the press service of the State Office of Public Prosecutor of Kazakhstan.
- American nurse condemned for 30 years of imprisonment for infection of patients with hepatitis CAmerican nurse condemned for 30 years of imprisonment for infection of patients with hepatitis C
- Kazakhstan government rented 500 square meters office in New York on ManhattanThe government of Kazakhstan rented about 500 square meters office on Manhattan in New York for Consulate General. The Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan replied to an inquiry.
- Kyrgyzstan applied for $160 million credit in EurAsEC Anti-Crisis FundKyrgyzstan has applied for the $160 million credit of the EurAsEC Anti-Crisis Fund. The Minister of Finance of the Russian Federation, Alexey Kudrin, informed, following the results of the session of the fund's council, the agency reports citing RIA RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of Russia positively assessed CIS prospectsThe Minister for Foreign Affairs of Russia, Sergey Lavrov, positively assessed the prospects of the Commonwealth of Independent States in radio company interview Voice of Russia, to the television channel Russia Today and RIA Novosti news agencies, the agency reports citing Voice of Russia.
- Sturgeon catch in Caspian Sea should be reducedThe joint research of the American and Kazakhstan scientists shows that the key to restoration of population of sturgeon in the Caspian Sea is to decrease its catch, instead of increase of its stock, the agency reports citing the press release of the results of the scientific research, published on EurekAlert site.
- Infringements in procedure of grain purchase revealed in Food CorporationThe facts of infringements in the procedure of grain purchase have been revealed in Food Corporation. Assistant to General Public Prosecutor, Ashat Daulbaev, informed at the session of the session of the coordination council of the law enforcement bodies, the agency reports.
- More than 80 % of National funds used allocated for realization of anti-recessionary measuresMore than 80 % of the resources allocated for realization of the anti-recessionary measures from the National Fund have been already used. The head of the fund, Kayrat Kelimbetov, informed on Thursday during the session of the coordination council of the law enforcement bodies, the agency reports.
- World prices for oil gone downThe world prices for oil, following the results of the tenders on Thursday, have significntly gone down, the agency reports citing RIA RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).