Now viewing: All news
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for May 13:
- Attaching first Kazakh President nation's leader status does not contradict democratic standardsAttaching the first President of Kazakhstan the nation's leader status does not contradict democratic standards. The Majilis deputy, Amzebek Zholshibekov, said today in an interview to journalists, the agency reports.
- Kyrgyzstan hit earthquakeThe territory of Kyrgyzstan was hit by К=11.8 earthquake on May 12, 2010 at 04.58, the agency reports citing the Emergency Ministry of Kazakhstan.
- Cargo loaded with weapons arrested in Bangkok was intended for Hamas and HezbollahThe Minister for Foreign Affairs of Israel, Avigdor Lieberman, informed that the arrested on December in Bangkok the North Korean cargo with weapons on the plane chartered by the Georgian airline was intended for Hamas and Hezbollah movements, reports referring to ITAR-TASS.
- Kyrgyzstan provisional government accused of receiving money to assist Bakiev's departureThe provisional government of Kyrgyzstan has been accused of receiving money to assist departure of the ex-President, Kurmanbek Bakiev. The government denies all charges, the agency reports citing the news agency 24.kg.
- Majilis passed bills legitimizing president's status as nation's leaderThe deputies of Majilis of Parliament at the plenary session today passed the project of the Constitutional Law of Kazakhstan on introduction of the additions and amendments to some constitutional laws of Kazakhstan concerning modernization of the legislation in the sphere of guaranteeing activities of the first President of Kazakhstan - the nation's leader and the Kazakhstan bill on introduction of the amendments and additions to the Kazakhstan acts concerning modernization of the legislation in the sphere of guaranteeing the activities of the first Kazakhstan President - the nations' leader, the agency reports.
- State Office of Public Prosecutor of Belarus received inquiry from Bishkek on Bakiev's extraditionThe State Office of Public Prosecutor of Belarus has received an inquiry from Bishkek regarding extradition of the ex-president of Kyrgyzstan, Kurmanbek Bakiev. The chief of Information and Public Relations Department of the State Office of Public Prosecutor of Belorussia, Peter Kiselyov, informed, the agency reports citing ITAR-TASS.
- Higher Party School created in KazakhstanThe Higher Party School has been created in Kazakhstan at the People's Democratic Party Nur Otan to train party chairs of the central and regional party bodies. The participants of the Nur Otan Political Council session under the leadership of the Kazakhstan President, the chairman of Nur Otan Party, Nursultan Nazarbayev, were informed in Astana, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- Kazakh President's Special Representative for Cooperation with Kyrgyzstan appointedThe Special Representative of the Kazakh President for Cooperation with Kyrgyzstan has been appointed, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- Prices for oil changed in different directionsThe prices for oil in the world market, following the results of the tenders, changed on May 11 in different directions, the agency reports citing the data of London Stock Exchange InterContinental Exchange Futures (ICE) and the New York commodity Exchange (New York Mercantile Exchange, NYMEX).
- President wished king of Spain soon recovery after operationThe President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, wished the King of Spain Juan Carlos I soon recovery after the operation, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- Kazakhstan e-government is at third interactive stage of developmentThe Kazakhstan e-government is at the third interactive stage of development. The participants of the 42nd session of the Board of the Communications Administrations Heads and the 15th session of the Coordinating Information Council in Moscow with participation of the delegation of the Ministry of Communications and Information headed by the head of the department, Askar Zhumagaliev, were informed during the session, the agency reports citing the Ministry of Communications and Information of Kazakhstan.
- Trans-Asiatic Parliamentary Forum to take place in AlmatyThe Trans-Asiatic Parliamentary Forum - the OSCE Eurasian Dimension - will be held on May 14. The head of the press service of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan, Ilyas Omarov, informed at a weekly briefing in Almaty, the agency reports.